Pre-Chromatica Gaga Singles Rate

07 Just Dance - still gutted she doesn’t say “drunk...on RED WINE!” during the intro :angry:
08 Poker Face - Obviously great, but never a PERSONAL favourite
07 Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) - I imagine this is big with the Real Housewives of New Jersey and NOT MANY OTHERS
07 LoveGame - Her most BASIC BITCH single. Still fuming Boys Boys Boys didn’t get the nod instead
02 Chillin' (with Wale) - Oh as if I GIVE A SHIT
11 Paparazzi - Where the art really started to pop :disco: Mournful, melodic and the ridiculous live performances deserve MORE CREDIT :argh:
13 Bad Romance - I’m at the point where I’ve realised she will never better this
04 Video Phone (with Beyoncé) - Let’s be honest, this was SHIT
10 Telephone - Probably her most popular back-cat moment with the general public these days due to THAT VIDEO and Beyonce. Weird she seems to hate it.
09 Alejandro - I admire her gall in creating a WINTER VIDEO for her most Summer-y song. If it was between the two, I would have preferred DITD to be full proper single though.
13 Dance in the Dark - Pretty much HER BEST SONG :disco: She was in her imperial era! Why was this not a proper single? Absolute madness.
02 Born This Way - Don’t think I’ve knowingly listened to it outside it’s first week of release and that X Factor audition with the 2 gays
08 Judas - Points here are almost for the video ENTIRELY. I STILL REMEMBER the disappointment I felt listening to the first leak of this.
10 The Edge of Glory - RIPE for rediscovery. I actually love the video, it will have its time again i’m sure.
01 Hair - One point for that ridiculous Paul O Grady perf in the bald cap :D
00 You & I - HONK OFF!
10 Marry The Night - One of my Gaga faves. It deserved a streamlined video, and that BBC performance to be the X Factor one :bad:
13 Scheiße - IMAGINE if she had released a song called SHIT as her lead single :disco:
28 The Lady is a Tramp - Cheek to Cheek is the best work of her career :)
06 Applause - points here almost entirely for that BATSHIT Wizard Of Oz US Breakfast Show (?) performance. WHAT was our Joanne on :D
05 Venus - Is this MEANT to sound like a parody of a Gaga song
10 Do What U Want - actually a hot slut track of choice that I will never forget no matter how hard JO tries to erase it :disco: R Kelly can do what he wants with ME! :disco:
00 Dope - HONK OFF!
08 G.U.Y. - This really was a JUMP THE SHARK moment :D when she becomes a Minecraft character in the video I lose it.
00 Anything Goes - no it doesn’t
00 Til It Happens To You
05 Perfect Illusion - would be vastly improved if she could pronounce the word LOVE properly.
10 Million Reasons - Beautiful, stunning, gorgeous. THANK GOD she had this is her pocket
03 John Wayne - TBH a shit song tarted up with a hot video :disco: JUSTICE 4 DANCING IN CIRCLES AND OR ANGEL DOWN
08 The Cure - A cute and complete forgotten moment
07 Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Going?)
Your Song - when she tries to make her Nan CARE about this song in her documentary :disco: Why was her Nan’s flat so pokey and small?
?? I Want Your Love (with Nile Rogers)
10 Shallow - the song she will be remembered for in 100 years time LETS BE HONEST GAYS
07 Always Remember Us This Way - I’ve actually never been that keen, Is That Alright is FAR SUPERIOR in my opinion
10 I'll Never Love Again - they really should have given this a CHRISTMAS PUSH! A bit of holly and some sleigh bells would have done WONDERS!
08 Stupid Love - sometimes a basic bit of tat is all the world needs :disco: + it got decent first week chart positions so Gags is a flop no longer :disco:

I feel like I’ve had a NIGHT OUT WITH THE BOYS after that :D
R Kelly is a rapist.

10 Just Dance
09 Poker Face
06 Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
07 LoveGame
?? Chillin' (with Wale)
09 Paparazzi
10 Bad Romance
06 Video Phone (with Beyoncé)
10 Telephone
10 Alejandro
10 Dance in the Dark
10 Born This Way
08 Judas
10 The Edge of Glory
07 Hair
10 You & I
09 Marry The Night
08 Scheiße
06 The Lady is a Tramp
07 Applause
06 Venus
07 Do What U Want
06 Dope
07 G.U.Y.
?? Anything Goes
07 Til It Happens To You
08 Perfect Illusion
08 Million Reasons
07 John Wayne
07 The Cure
07 Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Going?)
?? Your Song
08 I Want Your Love (with Nile Rogers)
08 Shallow
08 Always Remember Us This Way
07 I'll Never Love Again
09 Stupid Love

Thank the Eternal Mother hovering in the Multiverse for that wurst rate. Finally someone who understands that the whole point of Gaga is to breach the boundary between reality and fantasy, blast off to Venus, powered only by a hint of delusion, heaps of hyperbole and generous dose of 16/10s.

I might have been a bit too harsh on the BTW album but I sort of had gone off her and the singles released were quite MISLEADING. the fact she was facing a bit of backlash on radio and such didn't help at all but time has helped me appreciate it.

08 Just Dance
10 Poker Face - this has aged a lot better than "Just Dance" despite basically being the same song
09 Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) - I love classic sunny throwaway pop gaga
08 LoveGame
05 Chillin' (with Wale)
10 Paparazzi
11 Bad Romance
07 Video Phone (with Beyoncé)
10 Telephone
10 Alejandro
09 Dance in the Dark
00 Born This Way
09 Judas
08 The Edge of Glory
08 Hair
06 You & I
09 Marry The Night
10 Scheiße
00 The Lady is a Tramp - i don't know her
09 Applause
07 Venus
10 Do What U Want
00 Dope
06 G.U.Y.
00 Anything Goes
00 Til It Happens To You
00 Perfect Illusion
06 Million Reasons
08 John Wayne
08 The Cure
08 Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Going?)
?? Your Song
?? I Want Your Love (with Nile Rogers)
06 Shallow
06 Always Remember Us This Way
?? I'll Never Love Again
08 Stupid Love

I might have been a bit too harsh on the BTW album but I sort of had gone off her and the singles released were quite MISLEADING. the fact she was facing a bit of backlash on radio and such didn't help at all but time has helped me appreciate it.
My favorites on BTW are pretty much the non-singles (including Scheibe - was that a promo single?). I frequently go back to "Heavy Metal Lover," "Scheibe"," Government Hooker", and "Bloody Mary" these days. Also a fan of "Marry the Night" and "Judas" which probably had no right to be singles.

My favorites on BTW are pretty much the non-singles

This pretty much sums it up for me but, like I said, she wanted to have BTW as a lead single so bad and it was obvious that any other scenario might have been a deal breaker leading to a rearrangement of the whole campaign so kudos to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom