Price rises/ inflation

Anyway instead of buying lunch at work I now just sit in the toilets for an hour and gnaw on a bit of OLD HOOF.

When did Tesco increase the price of their finest meal deal from £10 to £12?

Bastards

Ugh I hope this does not mean revitalising alll the ALLOTMENT “fun” with the boyfriend ugh 😑

I've found that a combination of Lidl & Tesco (with CLUBCARD naturally) works best for our household.

And petrol from COSTCO of course in addition to any bulk buy items e.g. laundry detergent, dishwasher tablets, BLEACH etc.

I eagerly await @lolly 's opinion who generally is my soul mate when it comes to such MATTERS.

Oh and Boots advantage card can go fuck itself. SuperDrug is where it's at for all things COSMETICS related in this season.

As I've said before, I'm a whore when it comes to supermarkets. I'm not really faithful to any in particular. Not driving to be able to do a big shop, and genuinely quite enjoying food shopping, I go wherever. And as I work all over the city, I tend to shop wherever is on my way home.

Lidl is probably the one we spend most at though - Aldi is actually slightly more convenient location wise, but I like Lidl's themed weeks and just don't understand why Aldi haven't got a loyalty app.

BUT the price of petrol is RIDICULOUS
Incredible and the government could do something about it by freezing fuel duty (they are absolutely raking it in on current prices) or suspending / reducing VAT. Their solution? Create a dossier of petrol stations which haven’t passed on their now meaningless 5p cut from a few months ago :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Boots generally are pretty shit. I've got about twenty quid on my advantage card and I think that's probably taken the best part of a decade to accumulate. And I imagine the majority of that has come from their lunchtime meal deals.

Tesco seem to have made all their special offers Clubcard only - which, given how tiddly the points are, actually makes the thing worthwhile now.

I am into my Boots points tho' - I notice they're now introducing special offers with the Advantage card too. I have about £40 of Boots points just now which, admittedly, is about a year's worth, possibly more.

Boots meal deal has gone right down hill. I just do not know how they manage to make a sandwich so soggy.

Reactions: GNL
Tesco seem to have made all their special offers Clubcard only - which, given how tiddly the points are, actually makes the thing worthwhile now.

I am into my Boots points tho' - I notice they're now introducing special offers with the Advantage card too. I have about £40 of Boots points just now which, admittedly, is about a year's worth, possibly more.
Exactly. A bit cheeky that the club card price is in a much larger font etc but when you get to the till with lots of items and then scan the club card then at least £5 is shaved off immediately. Definitely worth it.

Two very upsettin' pieces of news today. Amazon Prime has gone up from £79 a year to £95 a year and the McDonalds cheeseburger from 99p to £1.19.

Won't someone think about how those poor SMALL BUSINESSES. :cry:

£95 a year is the same as the £7.99 monthly rolling payment. Luckily I renewed my annual £79 Prime payment just this month.

£95 a year is the same as the £7.99 monthly rolling payment. Luckily I renewed my annual £79 Prime payment just this month.
But that's going up to £8.99, so still worth annual if you can afford it.

So the annual is going up £16 a year and the monthly going up £12 year. THANKS LADS

My carrot and lentil recipe from this evening is also a tasty budget buster

It still amazes me how DIRT CHEAP carrots are. You can buy them en masse for about 30p! I like to eat them raw as they're surprisingly filling to snack on, but we decided the other day to make a carrot thai curry just to see what it was like and it was delicious and cost barely a thing (as long as you've got some cupboard staples that is - otherwise the coconut milk was the biggest expense there).

I mean I get they're not the most exciting things but at that price they become VERY EXCITING :)

Exactly. A bit cheeky that the club card price is in a much larger font etc but when you get to the till with lots of items and then scan the club card then at least £5 is shaved off immediately. Definitely worth it.

It does feel to me more than ever though that most of their "clubcard prices" are entirely MADE UP because the original price they're suggesting is ridiculous in the first place. It's all very "Clubcard Price tin of beans only 50p, original price £9.99, wow what a deal aren't we GREAT you guys?". Some of them are so transparently meaningless it's laughable.

Of course I'm still a sucker for it occasionally because yes it's nice to see the total shaved off a bit, but mostly only bother if I 100% wanted it anyway or if the offer doesn't feel like a con in the first place.

I much prefer dashing to the reduced BINS and eagerly grasping sweaty old bags of spinach and battered tins of tomatoes etc :disco:

I see that Asda have FINALLY launched a loyalty scheme for the first time ever :shock:

Someone mentioned it ages ago concerning another supermaket (I think perhaps @Sheena), but I've noticed that a few items that co-op have had in multi-buys for years have suddenly disappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom