Prince Philip DEAD

He has a long way to go to get to Whitney, Thatcher or MJ. I don't know know what mileage they can get out of this beyond the funeral. Whitney and MJ, had shock factor and the music, while Thatcher had Ding Dong. Maybe Meghan will turn up to fuck shit up.

Even iPlayer has nothing but OUR PHIL on the front page so even when on CHOOSE YOUR OWN TV it’s skewed towards the old git.

This is SATIRE, surely?

He has a long way to go to get to Whitney, Thatcher or MJ. I don't know know what mileage they can get out of this beyond the funeral. Whitney and MJ, had shock factor and the music, while Thatcher had Ding Dong. Maybe Meghan will turn up to fuck shit up.
I am hoping Meghan pulls some Diana-level stunt queenetry. Fergie better be on the phone offering consultancy on how to be a messy bitch.

It is interesting that we're so quick to ridicule the hero worship and hysterics when a North Korean leader dies, yet entire channels and radio stations go down here when the queen's husband does of natural causes in his 90s.

I know that it's not on the same scale, but it's still pretty telling when it comes to how backwards the UK is in this regard.

Sheena said:
Even iPlayer has nothing but OUR PHIL on the front page so even when on CHOOSE YOUR OWN TV it’s skewed towards the old git.

This is SATIRE, surely?
The gag of coming face to face with the propaganda state and its a cult of personality around granny and her family. North Korea is like yaaasssss queen, literally.

I must say I loved the sombre and almost authoritative announcement on the BBC this morning, because it was just pure theatrics.

Beyond that it really is a very uninteresting story.

I must say I loved the sombre and almost authoritative announcement on the BBC this morning, because it was just pure theatrics.

Beyond that it really is a very uninteresting story.
Yes, I enjoy geeking out over a media event but that's done now, get back to me when the Queen snuffs it

Why the hell are the BBC broadcasting the EXACT same thing on BBC 1 and 2? The whole thing is utterly excessive.

THAT QUEEN IN THE HAT CRYING THOUGH :D

It’s the two zoomer school children consoling each other I don’t get?!? What kind of fucked up Tory upbringing does one need for THAT to happen?!?

Imagine paying £30k a year for your child’s education and ending up with one of these SIMPS.

Surely the only explanation is they’re massively TROLLING US?!

09A0933E-3149-4B85-943C-F9EE1DD092EA.jpeg

I remember the MJ announcement clear as day. Naturally I headed straight to moopy.

funny to think that whenever there is a major world event we all immediately think, I wonder what moopy is saying

I remember the MJ announcement clear as day. Naturally I headed straight to moopy.

funny to think that whenever there is a major world event we all immediately think, I wonder what moopy is saying
I first found out about this by refreshing Moopy actually :D

Oh my, I've just realised we really ARE on for Annus Horribilis II as @Loufoque foretold
Did I? Well, let's hope by the end of the year The Islamic & Gay People's Republic of London has been declared, Queenie has been exiled to Northern Ireland, and Sadiq Khan and Bimini are gender neutral co-Presidents. Don't at me.

If they are only having 30 at the funeral does that mean FERGIE will be cruelly excluded? :(

I feel The Guardian's HEADLINE OF "Monarchy: Queen and royal family mourn Prince Philip as tributes pour in" reads quite passive aggressive :D Intentionally I'M SURE!
How kind of them to include all the Prince Phillip stuff in a GREY BOX so you can scroll past to the actual news :D

BBC News Instagram being flooded with "WHERE IS THE POST ABOUT DMX?" comments. A fair point TBH, he was a legend in his field.

Reactions: COB
I feel all these media protocols were put in place 30 years ago and have massively over-estimated how much the nation would GIVE A SHIT! The collective national SHRUG that has greeted this news is the closest I’ve come to National Pride in SOME TIME!

The response to Diana's death felt appropriate to the outpouring of grief at the time. There is no outpouring for this, its not a reaction to the story, it's the media informing us how we're meant to feel. They clearly missed the memo on the Internet speeding news up, compared to the glacial pace it once moved at. We don't need this much, we have multiple sources now. Put the fucking TV back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom