Prince & The NPG - Diamonds and Pearls (album)

D to the I to the A to the M

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh I'm so in the mood to put this on. The last of the Prince blockbusters if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the highs from the next 3 and it's not like this was airtight, but by The Gold Experience (which I think has the better gems, "lol"!) it was clear we were having a pick n' mix for what you like. Here the hits were bulletproof and still rather consistent as a campaign. I'm in the mood for some Walk Don't Walk, so will have a full listen again later now that it's back in my mind.

OMG! So excited! It’s my second favourite Prince album, I think. I’m here for a 20 vinyl set which will set me back £300.

494B88C7-DF05-4FCD-ACB2-C09E5B019CE7.gif

Oh I'm so in the mood to put this on. The last of the Prince blockbusters if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the highs from the next 3 and it's not like this was airtight, but by The Gold Experience (which I think has the better gems, "lol"!) it was clear we were having a pick n' mix for what you like. Here the hits were bulletproof and still rather consistent as a campaign. I'm in the mood for some Walk Don't Walk, so will have a full listen again later now that it's back in my mind.
I'd agree, things definitely went downhill after this.

It's an album I used to really enjoy but I don't think it comes close to any of the 80s albums. I haven't played it for ages whereas the classics often get a spin.

It’s his last classic album for me.

I saw a Prince tribute in Blackpool (!) a couple of weekends ago and he did nothing beyond DAP. I thought Cream was a bold choice for a group of pensioners, to be fair…

nah. It was some ropey white guy who looked suspiciously like he’d semi blacked up, oblivious to any problematic element that may cause 😂
Reminds me of when @Mel and I went to a boat party on the Thames for Prince’s 50th birthday. There was a band called Endorphinmachine playing, but the guy was dressed in D&P era outfits and was a 6ft white guy :D

TAKE ALL MY MONEY IMMEDIATELY

I’m tempted to get involved in the ludicrous cash ins for this one if there’ll be any, and I don’t have to sign up to anything. As much as I get that his 80s is his imperial era, I find Prince from 1991-1993 his most magical. The D&P and Love Symbol albums are just so fun, so funky, so creative, and actually, probably, his most mainstream. It’s just wall to wall anthem pop-R&B. And the look for D&P was just so slick and cool. And the NPG band. And Rosie. I just love it all.

I want I want I want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom