Professional Sports in COVID times

Where do you stand?

• I'm an avid sports fan and I'm happily watching

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I'm an avid sports fan but a lot of things don't sit well with me

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I'm not a sports fan but I'm ok with events taking place

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not a sports fans and I don't feel right now is/was the time for bigger events

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Apoca

ASCENDENTE
I'm not sure we've ever had a separate discussion or thread about this?

How do you feel the sports you are watching are handling the pandemic? Have you gotten used to it all? Do you still have a bad gut feeling about it? Does it feel *right* to hold big events during a pandemic come hell or high water?

Loaded topic and loaded question - not least because different sports (and athletes) are coming out of this past year very differently.

I know quite a lot of us are following different sports but even if you're not into anything massively, what's your perception?

Also - @Moderator feel free to move this into the COVID-forum if that's preferred.

The second option. Footballers with fresh haircuts and cuddling when I haven't hugged my own mother for a year are FUCKING DRIVING ME INSANE.

The second option. Footballers with fresh haircuts and cuddling when I haven't hugged my own mother for a year are FUCKING DRIVING ME INSANE.

Well that is a fair point, although I can't say I've let it bother me. Even the stuff that people dislike about fake crowd noise isn't bothering me at all.

I quite like how it is. Even my local football club is doing a (sometimes paid, sometimes not) live stream of matches I'd have never seen otherwise.

Obviously its not sustainable though.

Well that is a fair point, although I can't say I've let it bother me. Even the stuff that people dislike about fake crowd noise isn't bothering me at all.

I quite like how it is. Even my local football club is doing a (sometimes paid, sometimes not) live stream of matches I'd have never seen otherwise.

Obviously its not sustainable though.

No, and the crowd noise I've gotten used to, admittedly...

Those things wind me up too. Neither of them is related to the actual sport; they could still keep the season going with shit hair and just a touch of sensitivity when celebrating.

The thing is, the sport I watch is tennis and it's absolutely individual. The number of people on court has reduced massively, no line judges, and the players are 30 metres apart most of the time. So I'm completely comfortable with that, especially when you add in the quarantining etc that Australia put in for example.

Football is a different matter completely, for many reasons. But what I've seen has been pretty bad in terms of not respecting COVID regulations in the slightest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom