Promising Young Woman (Carey Mulligan goes revenge psycho)

Maybe all the Gods are crazy...

• Total voters

Jark

User
This looks deliciously dark and perfectly cast.

Co-starring Allison Brie, Connie Britton, Adam Brody, Max Greenfield, Laverne Cox and Molly Shannon.

Oh god :disco: I hope they get the sexual politics RIGHT but it does look right up my alley.

Love BAD CAREY MULLIGAN. Enough of the SWEET GIRL BOLLOX!

Now getting released on Christmas

The poster is :disco:

promising-young-woman-poster.png

Reactions: dUb
I mean the film also looks all sorts of :disco: I will reserve judgement of course but the fact that's been written and directed by a woman makes me hope we won't end up with another FATAL ATTRACTION scenario.

What's the official UK/Ireland release for this? Holding off for cinema still?

Really want to see this. Where are people 'sourcing' new release movies these days? :eyes:

I usually pull stuff from YTS, but it seems to have gone a bit CRAP of late.

Oh my this was amazing, Carey Mulligan is great but also what a cast full of comedy actors doing something different.

I really hope it gets a few Oscar nods cause it so deserves it.

Totally worth the premium rental price I paid.

Can a mod add a poll please?

Slid into your DMs

I really can't stop thinking about this. Not since Parasite has a film so consistently wrong-footed me. Despite being its polar opposite in many ways, it also reminded me in some ways of Elle, which is high praise indeed.

Did we know it was written and directed by CAMILLA PARKER BOWLES from The Crown?!

I love, love, love Carey Mulligan. Those final 15 minutes will haunt me til my dying day though!

I hated this. Strangely tepid for a revenge flick and its Killing Eve-esq marketing and then the final act happens which was truly loathsome and unintelligible. That attempt at a #girlboss ending after the truly gross bait and switch :square:

Carey Mulligan however truly outshined.

Is Bo Burnham any good in it? I'm obsessed enough with him to want to see this.

What do you make of Beardy Bo from 'Inside'? Twitter was well thirsty for him in unshaven lockdown mode...

I think every version works for me.

And even though he is younger than me, when he referred to himself as “daddy” in the opening number, WELL…

finally watching this. what a horrible tonal misfire of a film. many interesting scenes, setups and ideas, but nothing hangs together and it feels like a cheap Netflix film. but some iconic moments. 7/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom