Proper camp 90s thrillers

If we're talking blueprints then check out Jessica Walter RIP in Play Misty For Me.

Not 90s, and problematic by today’s standards, but have to mention this CAMP CLASSIC

MV5BN2Q2MzczNjItOTAxMS00ZDMzLThiZTktZDFjYzRhYTcyYWU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

I agree that Fatal Attraction was the blueprint for most of these. Iconic film.

@Ellie I don’t know Deceived and I love Goldie Hawn. :o Worth a look?
I barely remember it apart from the trailer playing a lot on TV at the time. It’s on Disney+ Star so I need to see it properly again.

I barely remember it apart from the trailer playing a lot on TV at the time. It’s on Disney+ Star so I need to see it properly again.
I've seen this as well but the only thing I remember about it is the ending, so at least that made an impression

A struggling single mom forced to work the pole to win her daughter back becomes embroiled in a murderous political scandal... I like to imagine Demi Moore was told she was appearing in a hard-hitting drama about the sex industry and everyone else was told they were in Showgirls 2.

I remember seeing almost all of the movies posted here down at the VHS rental store but not seen that many of them (I did watch The Good Son quite a lot though with my annoying little brother and... plot :sneaky:)

that's this year's SNIFFY SNIFFY SMOKEY SMOKEY comedown Sundays sorted, TA

I remember seeing almost all of the movies posted here down at the VHS rental store but not seen that many of them (I did watch The Good Son quite a lot though with my annoying little brother and... plot :sneaky:)

that's this year's SNIFFY SNIFFY SMOKEY SMOKEY comedown Sundays sorted, TA
My favourite thing about The Good Son is how Macaulay Culkin is still less evil in it than when he played actual sadist Kevin McAllister.

This was fabulous, and also completely bonkers

“would you like to delete the Internet, if so double click on YES...”

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: VoR
Tonight I did a double-bill of ‘Death of a Cheerleader’ and ‘The Hand that Rocks the Cradle’

Don’t go into the greenhouse, Marlene!

Also the gag of Tori Spelling playing the pretty popular girl and the far cuter Kellie Martin playing the desperate wannabe :D

You Must Remember This recently did a season entitled EROTIC 90s, which I highly recommend if you're a fan of this genre.

It inspired me to watch this one, which is genuinely VERY GOOD with a fabulous star-making turn from notorious nightmare Linda Fiorentino. :disco:

I remember watching that at a sleepover with friends and my friend vomited out of panic that his mum was going to walk in and catch us watching it during the sex scene :D

I think I need to watch ‘Single White Female’ next

This was fabulous, and also completely bonkers

“would you like to delete the Internet, if so double click on YES...”

I’m afraid she already checked out of her room!

Damn you internet!

• Haha
Reactions: VoR
The Net is great because there's so much about the internet that it ALMOST gets right, but also not at all. :D

the-net-pizza-net-1-600x385.jpg

That and the classic 90s hilarity of Sandra Bullock being a SAD INTERNET OBSESSED SHUT IN :D

*casually reveals banging beach bod midway through film*

Also, not sure if it's more Thriller or Horror, but Devil's Advocate was quite good.

Not 90s, and problematic by today’s standards, but have to mention this CAMP CLASSIC

MV5BN2Q2MzczNjItOTAxMS00ZDMzLThiZTktZDFjYzRhYTcyYWU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
just rewatched this in a cinema as part of a Brian de Palma Retrospective and it’s still brilliant, in spite of the fact that it’s indeed very problematic . also BODY DOUBLE with a gorgeous Melanie Griffith and a Frankie goes to Hollywood cameo .

You Must Remember This recently did a season entitled EROTIC 90s, which I highly recommend if you're a fan of this genre.

It inspired me to watch this one, which is genuinely VERY GOOD with a fabulous star-making turn from notorious nightmare Linda Fiorentino. :disco:

this is in my top ten of favourite movies, I never get tired of Linda Fiorentino here , never understood why this didn’t make her a superstar. My other absolute favourite btw is BOUND, the Wachowski’s first film ( before Matrix) with a brilliant Gina Gershon.

That season of YMRT was so good, can't wait for part 2!

I recently watched Influencer on Shudder, which felt like a throwback to those 90s films. An enjoyable tight little thriller.

I’m constantly recommending YMRT to people, it’s so interesting and well done.

Although the host leans so hard into her vocal affectations these days that she sounds genuinely demented in places. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom