Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ameraal

la loi de murphy
only recently finally uploaded in hq glory to youtube (along with the other overpowered videos), 12 years later let me know is still one of my favourite moments in pop music ever. maybe even more so.

everything Bev said - the album is one of the great pop albums of this millennium, and both this song and you know me better are utterly to die for. quite simply as good as pop gets, in my opinion

and it should be noted that while Let Me Know had an all-too-brief chart life, peaking at 28 and being forgotten immediately by the plebs, it did live on with a second wind of notoriety and celebration when the heavenly outro refrain ("it will be okay") was memorably inked onto the arm of one superfan :disco:

i never realised this was the root cause of your iconic body art *.* but isn't the outro that could be ok?

anyway, i think it's a real testament to how good the album was that everyone's favourite single is different (and then you have album tracks like primitive and dear miami and cry baby and bonus songs like parallel lives).

probably the only artist I have ever looned over. fond memories. I notice she’s ramped up the touring this year, doing a lot of festivals, and she recently posted a picture after a Berghain rampage. guess being a mum isn’t all that :D I’d love to see her again

even bonus tracks and b-sides were good. Sweet Nothings :disco:

i never realised this was the root cause of your iconic body art *.* but isn't the outro that could be ok?

anyway, i think it's a real testament to how good the album was that everyone's favourite single is different (and then you have album tracks like primitive and dear miami and cry baby and bonus songs like parallel lives).

Totally. I mean, the real gag is that my obsession is 'Tell Everybody' - A BALLAD!

Totally. I mean, the real gag is that my obsession is 'Tell Everybody' - A BALLAD!

i love tell everybody but i find it too similar to say it right, which i believe preceeded it, which has tainted it just a little bit.

I’d forgotten about this song even though I hadn’t forgotten about it if you know what I mean. It’s fabulous. It’s prompted me to stick the album on.

I know it's common knowledge (among the discerning) that all singles from this album are stone cold classiques, but Let Me Know in particular is such a GODSEND of a song. the bassline! the constant hooks! her flirty vox! the rhythmic and lyrical excellence! the whole thing is such a sublime slice of throwback disco from a time when nobody was really doing that. and it still sounds exquisitely fresh 14 (?!) years on.

I turn the other way
I can never turn you down
you turn me on...
don't speak out every meaning
I don't belong to you
like you don't belong to me
so don't hold on too tightly...

163147489c7701906e0cbd5584511f7581e1c65e.gifv

ugh. a true 12.455. she's so underrated. I'll have to have an Overpowered day tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom