Róisín Murphy - Róisín Machine & Crooked Machine

Sounds good to me, although one might have HOPED a big fan would include the fadas in her name! :kim: please amend

For your copy'n'paste convenience: Róisín thanks Jark :ireland:

And don’t go looking for all the times I posted Siobhan thank you

I had a little Roisin DWELVE after the amazing Overpowered. Hated Hairless Toys quite badly and that's all I managed (apart from Moloko's Things to Make and Do which was okay) but this was during my Say Something coma so TBF it was kinda badly timed.

So what I'm trying to say is I'm KEEN to listen and it might tip me firmly into 'fan' or 'avoid' territoire.

Overpowered is really her only solo album in that vein (and the one I like) - but this album sounds brilliant so far

The idea of anyone listening to Absent-Minded Friends and not coming out the other end a GIBBERING LOON! Frankly disrespectful.

byRrb2ZeXtyD2TIGhWlRN0oAhvGnPAxGEyovVMBfLAlLwP2zEaOzzBfDpxVISfQFgo-9vmu3tAs=w1000

1. Simulation
2. Kingdom of Ends
3. Something More
4. Shellfish Mademoiselle
5. Incapable
6. We Got Together
7. Murphy's Law
8. Game Changer
9. Narcissus
10. Jealousy

5 new songs - most of the existing songs are new edits of around 5/6 minutes long

I can’t cope with the music this year guys

it just keeps on giving

FULL LENGTH :disco:

This looks all kind of fabulous. I do hope Shellfish Mademoiselle is a full song rather than some kind of interlude.

Something More is SO FAB! Quite a sunset vibe :disco: my fave so far from this album, along with Incapable.

Pre-orders for new album are here, including a fab vinyl package with ZINE and signed photo - https://roisinmurphy.tmstor.es/?lf=884b43264b0c04985a2c5ae64ce39f06

I do wish she'd compiled the random 12" singles in-between Monto and this into some sort of SINGLES COLLECTION if she didn't want to call it an album. I know you can make them into a Spotify playlist (:D) but it vaguely irritates me that she put out a WHOLE OTHER ALBUM that isn't recognised as one! :D

Gosh, just listening to my SPOTIFY PLAYLIST of her last non-album, All My Dreams is such a bonkers shimmering delight :disco: then Plaything literally comes and takes you up the arse as the only thing on it vaguely resembling a regularly-structured pop song :disco:

Something More is a gorgeous groove. I love it when she is in full flow vocally. One of my favourites so far too.

I am TRYING to minimise my unnecessary vinyl purchases and just get the CD as I don't have room but that bundle with the zine does look appealing. :(

Have any of you darlings spotted which version of Something More is on the album. I'm hoping for the extended one, obvs.​

Have any of you darlings spotted which version of Something More is on the album. I'm hoping for the extended one, obvs.​

The version on the regular album is 6:49, and on the deluxe there's also an extended version that's 7:56.

some of this era's art direction and styling has been so legit.

the lyrics are fabulous.

A crown upon my head, ten lovers in my bed, but I want something more
A billion in the bank, titles of higher rank, but I want something... more
A private restaurant serving every dish I want, but I want something more

queen of being constantly dissatisfied :disco: I totally relate!

“something more” is the very definition of a grower. It’s such a simple mid tempo track but it reveals itself with every listen.

the layered vocals when she sings “maybe this could be the last time” give me goosebumps. And then when it switches to a disco banger when the strings kick in and the piano goes in hard. It’s just a sensational track.

It’s going to be impossible to pick an album of the year this year.

It really is (to both statements). the disco/piano house switch-up is glorious! my very favourites so far remain Murphy's Law and Incapable but really she just can't help serving excellence.

the perfect remix for a lazy saturday afternoon :disco:

I'm so excited for this album! just 2 weeks to go

5* review in Metro today. I don't follow their reviews enough to know how generous they usually are, but the opening paragraph made me salivate from down below:

This, good people, is the mother lode, the cornucopia, the phantasmagoria, of lovingly reconditioned disco pop. This is the record Ireland's Roísín Murphy - a formidable, knowing, audacious avant-garde-dance-pop performer - has been threatening to make for years. This is where it all comes together, in a magnificent and flawless crescendo.

5* review in Metro today. I don't follow their reviews enough to know how generous they usually are, but the opening paragraph made me salivate from down below:

This, good people, is the mother lode, the cornucopia, the phantasmagoria, of lovingly reconditioned disco pop. This is the record Ireland's Roísín Murphy - a formidable, knowing, audacious avant-garde-dance-pop performer - has been threatening to make for years. This is where it all comes together, in a magnificent and flawless crescendo.
I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm going to love it for that review alone anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom