Róisín Murphy - Róisín Machine & Crooked Machine

livestreamed show next month - definitely snatching a ticket for this :disco:

and here she is radiating big dick energy to a song from the NEXT album which sounds fucking great, duh

Reactions: COB
next album?! :D she's really making up for lost time! I wonder if she sent her kid to boarding school? :eyes:

I'm currently listening to Hairless Toys, which I'd always assumed was awful due to its title and artwork - Evil Eyes is an absolute THRILL! that filthy bassline, those razor sharp synths cascading through the chorus like glass :o yes queen! Gone Fishing is a banging opener too. are you a fan of this record @ameraal?

i found it difficult and to this day i can't say i love it, but it did grow a lot and i appreciate it. half the tracks (exploitation, unputdownable, evil eyes and house of glass to a lesser extent) are stellar, the other i find a bit forgettable.

next album?! :D she's really making up for lost time! I wonder if she sent her kid to boarding school?:eyes:
she's teased a few tracks from it already. it's all being done with DJ Koze I think as opposed to Parrot. seems like she's made a couple of records in tandem and then split them up according to producer/sound. I quite LIKE that approach...

just to expand on this a bit, here's what she said about it in a recent interview:

mad Róisín said:
Because there’s a lot of love for you out there at the moment, it’s easy to describe this album as some kind of comeback.
Well, wait till they they hear the next one – it’s gonna fucking do their heads in again! The next one’s gonna be big in America. Trust me. Because it’s so raw and modern and fucking beautiful. You know, it’s just a momentous record.

How far are you along with that album?
Oh, I’m nearly there. It’s 80% finished.

I guess the great thing now is that you don’t need to wait a couple of years between album cycles.
Oh yeah. Because it’s just me and I make a lot of music. I’m not in a band where you need to get everyone back from the fucking south of France or their villas in the Bahamas when it’s time to make an album again. The only problem I have is I can’t put it out quick enough. I know now that the more you stimulate the [music streaming] algorithm, the better it is for you as an artist – I only found this out a few weeks ago. :D But that’s marvellous for me, isn’t it?
I hope her idea of BIG IN AMERICA is, umm... relative :eyes:

Last edited:
i tried to order that (with a t-shirt) but i kept getting an error. thank fuck, as i really shouldn't.

I've just heard a mere 15 seconds. It sounded absolutely ravenous, I have to make time for a full listen soon.

It may even propel me to finally gather together her Bits N' Bobs era to complete the catch-up with Rosh.

i found it difficult and to this day i can't say i love it, but it did grow a lot and i appreciate it. half the tracks (exploitation, unputdownable, evil eyes and house of glass to a lesser extent) are stellar, the other i find a bit forgettable.

I agree, I admire and enjoy Hairless Toys in part. Monto I never really bothered with.

I love the groove that she seems to have settled into now. It feels like she has found a balance of commercial Overpowered type stuff with her more outré tendencies. Very much here for her striking while the iron is hot with another album too.

she's doing a listening party tonight at 9pm on twitter :disco: the one they did for Overpowered was littered with interesting facts and anecdotes so this should be good too

she's doing a listening party tonight at 9pm on twitter :disco: the one they did for Overpowered was littered with interesting facts and anecdotes so this should be good too

Ohhh I did the Overpowered one and it was fab! Definitely doing this one too.

Why not just coincide it with the Twitter one tonight? We can deal with having two tabs open surely :disco:

let's do Saturday then, if people are free? tonight is not ideal for me

I haven't been listening along as I've played the album three times today, but it has been an interesting read.

Also, I want to hear the 'TOO CHEESY' Murphy's Law.

I’m young?! All is forgiven x

I don't know MUCH GA aside from some of the bigger singles so this would be great!

I can do if it’s not too long. See how everyone’s stamina is on Saturday

I’m up for Saturday!

I want to do a Groove Armada night one night - I was going to put a playlist together of their best and most moopy friendly cuts followed by a full listen of the album. Maybe next weekend?!

I think some of our younger moopers will LOVE the GA catalogue

Andy Cato actually co-wrote Let Me Know with Róisín so it all makes perfect (desperate) sense

I even listened to the Black Light and White Light compact discs yesterday. BOPS! and was it Brixton where we saw the Black Light tour? SHOW!

Awww good for Róisín! She must be chuffed. It really is incredible to see somebody elevating themselves to LEGEND status right in front of our eyes :disco:

(and not to piss on her chips, we know that 3000 of those sales were from the sold out blue vinyl sold on her website :D )

I feel my story's still untold :emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_crying_cat_face:
but I'll make my own happy ending :emoji_man_dancing::emoji_smirk_cat:
'cos I'd rather be ALONE... :emoji_flushed::emoji_kissing_cat:
than making do and mending :emoji_princess::emoji_smile_cat:

Personally I feel that Murphy's Law is THE pivotal song of this record, thematically and also sonically. It's a real statement of where she's at in her career and how she sees her place in the world and in pop. 11/10

I feel my story's still untold :emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_crying_cat_face:
but I'll make my own happy ending :emoji_man_dancing::emoji_smirk_cat:
'cos I'd rather be ALONE... :emoji_flushed::emoji_kissing_cat:
than making do and mending :emoji_princess::emoji_smile_cat:
Vibing HARD to this post

It'll always be Incapable for me. An iconic record that history will probably be kind to. It's such an enormous pop song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom