Race Across The World - New BBC Reality Gameshow

Yeah I’d seen some casting call adverts on Instagram a few weeks a go. Very exiting and really missed it a lot.

So far have watched the episodes of the first season up to the checkpoint of Uzbekistan and realized that at least for the part of the transportation am familiar with, they've taken quite a lot of "artistic liberties", for example in reality there never was a ferry operating from Piraeus to Çeşme or any other international destination, the closest they could have all got with the ship they chose to travel with would have been Chios island. Also when dad and son miss the bus from Çeşme to Ankara, we get a shot from a bus departing the station, however that specific bus is one of the buses that operate near Delphi. Another thing is that the teams who chose one of the ferries that operate from Italy to Patras, would have come to find that the local bus service to Delphi operates 3 days a week so it doesn't make much sense that while they were the last two to arrive in the first checkpoint, they did so with only a few hours difference, unless they got extremely lucky. Also there is no train that operates to Istanbul for more than a decade, so it didn't make sense how the remaining couples just popped in Istanbul without further explanation. But other than that I'll keep on watching mostly because of Shameema who's my favourite until now.

Didn’t want it at the time but I’ll take a celeb version for now

Much less excited about a celeb version - I imagine it'll be significantly shorter than a full series (in actual time, if maybe not in episodes).

I'll still watch it though.

NEW 🚨 A third series of #RaceAcrossTheWorld has officially COMPLETED and will be coming to the BBC soon - AND a brand new CELEBRITY race will officially be filming later this year too!! 🌎 #RATW

NEW 🚨 A third series of #RaceAcrossTheWorld has officially COMPLETED and will be coming to the BBC soon - AND a brand new CELEBRITY race will officially be filming later this year too!! 🌎 #RATW
No date confirmation, but some more details

Race Across The World Canada!

I should stop but every time this thread is bumped i fear it's bad news for Jo from the last series. Hope she's doing well!

So pleased to be watching this again.

None of them initially strike me as horrible, which is nice after watching Rise and Fall.

The gay brother/straight brother duo seem like they might be bickering just a bit.

Zainib is indeed very pretty.

What a mess this initial checkpoint is. They’re all over the place :D

I like Monique getting her book out whenever she can’t be arsed with it all (after a day)

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed that and I'm looking forward to the rest, but I can't help but feel the lack of language barrier and a country full of really helpful folk makes this a bit easier. Hopefully someone loses a foot in a beartrap accident or something.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed that and I'm looking forward to the rest, but I can't help but feel the lack of language barrier and a country full of really helpful folk makes this a bit easier. Hopefully someone loses a foot in a beartrap accident or something.
Hoping they all refuse to speak English to them in Québec :disco:

The difference in dynamics between the two father and daughter pairs is quite marked, isn't it?

The fact that one of the fathers seems to be an intolerable prick would seem to perhaps be the main reason.

I totally would be an intolerable prick and opt for a taxi at the slightest inconvenience, though :D

Was it covid forcing them to stay in one country this time? I'm sure it'll be a good series, but seems a shame that the language and cultural differences won't be so vast this time round.

Was it covid forcing them to stay in one country this time? I'm sure it'll be a good series, but seems a shame that the language and cultural differences won't be so vast this time round.

Yes I think so. I agree about the cultural differences not being the same and having a race across one country, no matter how large, does make it feel a bit less epic.

I really enjoyed the first episode but hopefully they will be filming something a bit more adventurous this summer for next year.

Yeah great first episode!

Highlights:

"Thank you for taking us :)"
"I'm just a wacko with nothing to do!"

"That $500 taxi is behind us now :)"

And the "eccentric" guy agreeing to give the pretty Scottish girl a lift before realising her boyfriend was in tow. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom