Race Across The World - New BBC Reality Gameshow

He's a 19 year old with ADHD. He was never really equipped for it.

Yes. She seemed to think he'd really grown too, even if that didn't exactly come across. I enjoyed their relationship very much overall, he was often very sweet with her.

Mother and son was always going to be a more appealing relationship than trapped married couple.

The checkpoints have a 36 hour wait. If they arrive mid-afternoon, they leave after midnight.

I guess that's fair enough, if that was a consistent rule. It does seem that it hurt Jen and Rob this week, but then it would have affected everyone at each stage.

Incidentally according to Wikipedia this has been the #1 rated show on BBC2 each week until week six (the last figures are available for), and it has grown each week so far - from 3.1m to 4.1m for the latest

Incidentally according to Wikipedia this has been the #1 rated show on BBC2 each week until week six (the last figures are available for), and it has grown each week so far - from 3.1m to 4.1m for the latest

I assume it will ascend to bbc 1 soon enough

Wikipedia is also saying there is a reunion episode next week, which I think I read here before, but there was no mention of that during the credits or after the show, was there?

Wikipedia is also saying there is a reunion episode next week, which I think I read here before, but there was no mention of that during the credits or after the show, was there?

I didn’t see anything

Have they started filming the celeb one? Or finished it even

Potentially coroned.

Oh it is listed for next week

Episode 9
Race Across the WorldSeries 2
Episode 9 of 9

Over 54 days, five pairs of ordinary Brits took on the challenge of a lifetime and attempted to travel the entire length of Latin America, from Mexico City to Ushuaia, Argentina, the most southerly city in the world – with no planes, no credit cards and no smartphones in sight. They came across extreme weather, states of emergency, evacuations and challenging budgets, as well as life-changing encounters, incredible acts of generosity and dramatic landscapes. Most of all, they had to survive each other.

The race may be over but the drama is still unfolding as all five teams reunite for the first time to reveal fascinating insights into their different strategies and individual experiences - from their highest highs to their lowest lows, from money woes to emotional breakdowns, from the hardships of travel to the kindness of strangers, the emotional breakdowns and moments of self-discovery. The confessions continue as they reveal their first impressions of each other and how these changed as the competition between them grew fiercer. Has the unbreakable bond they formed as a group held strong after the race? Or have old rivalries re-emerged? What has happened since returning to the UK? One thing is certain – the lives of all who took part have been changed for good.

A truly unique, captivating, behind-the-scenes look into how these intrepid travellers coped with the trials and tribulations of this incredible, life-affirming race – along with some surprising revelations.

I guess that's fair enough, if that was a consistent rule. It does seem that it hurt Jen and Rob this week, but then it would have affected everyone at each stage.

I think it hurt the boys a few episodes a go. They got up pretty early but couldn’t get anywhere.

And up to 4.308m for the penultimate episode, which has put it in the top 50 shows for the first time (more impressive than it sounds, given the multiple episodes of soaps/news coverage above it).

I fear that Mrs Bev would be a bit of a Jen, so I'm thinking of asking a friend who I've travelled with quite a few times. He'd make a VERY good/competitive/focused partner in this.

Yes but what is the story of your relationship difficulties you have to mention ENDLESSLY?! :D
I think a “Jen” would make more compelling TV :D
(I quite liked her really :shy:)

Yes but what is the story of your relationship difficulties you have to mention ENDLESSLY?! :D
I think a “Jen” would make more compelling TV :D
(I quite liked her really :shy:)

The story would be that I secretly hate the friend and am using him for the prize. :disco:

I've totally had that bit with Mrs Bev where Jen lost it in the bus station, told Robbie to fuck off and stormed out. I couldn't bear to have those screened on TV. And anyway, she's already refused. :D

I'd be Jen, and unfortunately Mr L would probably be closest to Lizzie.

Oh I'm an absolute complainer and critic. But I have far more confidence than Jen.

We all have an inner Jen. I get so frustrated with Mr Ag. I'm sure I've told him to FUCK OFF at a public transport hub or two.

For someone not enjoying the show you’ve got a fair amount to say about it Nick

Anyhow, Didn’t you desert watching TAR for seasons too having lost the enjoyment of it didn’t you? How have you found the new ones?

I didn’t say RATW is “better” than TAR, it’s a different show entirely. I’m just sick of them rehashing the same type of challenge season after season. At least the jobs on the race are kinda random and different and entirely optional!

I miss the days of TAR where contestants were free to sort out their own travel and sometimes could end up way ahead of the pack by taking as risk with tight flights etc. RATW reminds me of those early season where a bit of luck, a bit of begging and talking to strangers can help you out - it’s been years since TAR really allowed for that.

Of course being a huge reality tv consumer I’ll still watch TAR when it starts again next month (CBS really does treat the show like shit with how they dump it wherever they see fit in the schedules)

I have a lot to say about it because as much as I did finish the whole first season, and enjoyed it sometimes (especially Episodes 2 and 6 - like I said, where the stakes were raised [I also hate non-elimination legs in TAR when they've been signposted so for me it's always about the stakes of someone potentially being eliminated), mostly because I was SO excited about it and thought it had such potential.

But frankly, everyone seems to love it, so I'm in the minority and it will never change into the trashy show I want. :D

I only stopped watching TAR because of over saturation... I've always enjoyed it. I just watched the last 4 seasons of TAR during isolation and am looking forward to Season 32 next month :D I've also watched two seasons of the Australian version, 3 seasons of the Canadian version and I think I've seen all four seasons of the Asian version.

I guess you'd call me a superfan, which is why I want THAT show here in the UK.

Anyways... glad you all enjoyed RATW. :D

Is there a BuzzFeed quiz to determine who we’d be?

I’d like to think Emon but probably a Jen too :(

And up to 4.308m for the penultimate episode, which has put it in the top 50 shows for the first time (more impressive than it sounds, given the multiple episodes of soaps/news coverage above it).

I thought this would be higher. It seems to have so much momentum with all my friends. One of the few shows we all watch as it’s broadcast.

5m for the final?

I just watched the last 4 seasons of TAR during isolation and am looking forward to Season 32 next month

Well after shafting this show for the past few years and having announced a May premier, they’ve now bumped it to later in 2020. :evil:

As of now they won’t have a new season of survivor in September to air so I imagine this will replace it, once again though it’s CBS treating the show and it’s viewership like crap.

And there was Phil Keoghan thinking TAR would go back to two series a year

RATW wise .. what a finale! Honestly the show has been such a joy, my partner even watched / enjoyed it and he won’t watch any reality shows with me usually.

I hope lovely Jo is ok. :(

Oops at the trip BREAKING Shuntelle and Michael. Also, Dom looks much better with a bit of a tan.

Yeah :( for lovely Jo. Turns out she was quite competitive and wanted to get to the end. Shame she didn’t turn on Sam at the table and ask “DID YOU REALLY FUCKING NEED THAT SUBWAY YOU PETULANT FUCKING CUNT!?”

I did enjoy Jen saying “there’s three of us in this race. Jen, Rob and checkpoint Jen” :D

I thought she was really good fun in that reunion episode ! :D
Bless lovely Jo. I’m really going to miss this bit of escapism on a Sunday night :(

Well after shafting this show for the past few years and having announced a May premier, they’ve now bumped it to later in 2020. :evil:

As of now they won’t have a new season of survivor in September to air so I imagine this will replace it, once again though it’s CBS treating the show and it’s viewership like crap.

And there was Phil Keoghan thinking TAR would go back to two series a year

It must be far more expensive to produce than Survivor though so I can see why they wouldn't go back to 2 seasons a year... especially now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom