Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande)

I'm relieved it's a banger and Ariana hasn't got her grubby anemic pop hands all over the production.

Loving that Ag has laminated his stan card to guard against water damage

Come through STORM JOANNE :disco:

Loving that Ag has laminated his stan card to guard against water damage

Come through STORM JOANNE :disco:
Oh Stupid Love is the tits. I'm here for the whole project. I know good Gaga when I hear it.

LEAVE ZENGIRAFFE ALONE
39bf8ef758cf5e3e1db0c9eb9416566a.gif

*hasn't listened to this song yet*

Jesus I get so fed up with the first few posts in every new Gaga song topic being a bunch of posters scared to say the song is GREAT FUN AND EXCITING. Eventually a few posts in someone always says 'actually I quite like it', then a few more posters go 'Yeah it's great', but it ALWAYS starts with the first few people saying they're disappointed no matter what, probably to save face if everyone later says they hate it.

I think it's fucking FAB.

(I do agree it could do with being a bit longer to give it time to embed but minor criticism).

I LOVE the playlist she's put on Spotify to go with it too.... if that's the vibe she's aiming for for the album trust me I'm sold: Crystal Waters, De'lacy, The Original, Nightcrawlers, Inner City, Strike... :disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco:

Having given this a few fucking tons more listens this morning, I am revising up to a 9/10 overall.

I LOVE the playlist she's put on Spotify to go with it too.... if that's the vibe she's aiming for for the album trust me I'm sold: Crystal Waters, De'lacy, The Original, Nightcrawlers, Inner City, Strike... :disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco:
I've just seen this. Omg.

I see today is the anniversary of the Manchester Arena bombing.

Kind of Ariana to double up on the promo.

Sounds like a remix of She Wolf. An actual remix that ousts airvent Arianna could be even better, but why deny the video moment. Has one been made?

It's surprising how it almost feels like Ariana's song in terms of how prominent she is vocally from verse 2 to the end of the song.

I mean she kind of IS more prominent, but the energy is so Gaga that I still manage to forget Ariana is actually on it.

Jesus I get so fed up with the first few posts in every new Gaga song topic being a bunch of posters scared to say the song is GREAT FUN AND EXCITING. Eventually a few posts in someone always says 'actually I quite like it', then a few more posters go 'Yeah it's great', but it ALWAYS starts with the first few people saying they're disappointed no matter what, probably to save face if everyone later says they hate it.

(I do agree it could do with being a bit longer to give it time to embed but minor criticism).

YASS

You would have think SOME QUEENS would have got over the whole "it's not cool to lose one's wig over the latest Gags banger anymore" complex back in, like, 011, but I guess not everyone enjoys their homosexuality to the same degree.

I am already on my 30th play.

It really is the soundtrack of drinking gin in a tin 2m away from your friends in the park this summer, whilst cruising guys you’re not allowed to fuck.

RAIN
ON
ME

:disco:

I have to agree with cwej I don't understand why people are so adamant on not losing their shit to GaGa anymore. This is WONDERFUL and so is the playlist shes made for it. This is going to be her House/Dance album and I'm going to live for it.

I seriously cant wait until BABYLON comes *gay screams*

The way she drawls "rain.. on.. me" (sadly not opting for the vintage Max Martin puppets pronunciation) makes me recall the enigmatic 90s Italian dance auteur Gala and the way she utters "dance.. or.. DIE" on her dance song called Dance or Die.

In other words my life's soundtrack has yet another bookmark/bullet hole.

You know though, don't you, that just because you think something is fucking FAB, doesn't mean everyone else does? I've pretty much loved every single and album she's ever released. With these two new songs, while I LIKE them, they just aren't anywhere near the level of pop magic that she usually delivers. Sorry like. Nobody's out to attack your opinion. That's just how it is.

Last edited:
I have to agree with cwej I don't understand why people are so adamant on not losing their shit to GaGa anymore.

Maybe because some of us just think these new songs aren't quite up to the level of her past brilliance? It's not some conscious decision to slate her. I adore the woman. Just a bit whelmed by the latest stuff, that's all.

Babylon sounds much more like the Gaga I love.

You know though, don't you, that just because you think something is fucking FAB, doesn't mean everyone else does? I've pretty much loved every single and album she's ever released. With these two news song, while I LIKE them, they just aren't anywhere near the level of pop magic that she usually delivers. Sorry like. Nobody's out to attack your opinion. That's just how it is.
Fucking thankyou!

It's so boring and so tragically lacking in imagination or common sense that the stock response to any critique of Gaga's output these days is "she's making dance-pop again and you're still bitching!!!" or "nothing she does is good enough for some gays, what do you EVEN WANT from her?" - like, what a stone cold take.

I really enjoy Stupid Love and am still getting mileage from it. I enjoy this too. But both are below par for her, let's be real. Why has she suddenly stopped writing choruses? All of these songs have been knocking around or in progress since at least 2018 and it shows - the drops are already limp and dated. And the production here is so... tame. For a song aping both 90s house and Love At First Sight so brazenly, it's severely lacking punch.

It's especially annoying on this song because the elements are actually there - that AMAZING post-chorus which for some reason does not feature at all until about 2:40, in the final 20 seconds of the song as it fades out? That would've been dramatically better placed after the second chorus to give the song some muscle. As it is it's wasted. These are the little details that Gaga did not used to fuck up, and it would've probably made up for the slight anonymity of this song. Chart-wise (and that's all it's been designed for, right down to the feature), it will struggle.

I can see what you both mean (Apart from the bizzare Love at first sight comparison) but it seems fans of GaGa (not just here) shoot down anything that isnt a Bad Romance. Yes she had her imperial era and I don't think she will ever beat that...so just let it rain on you.

It's especially annoying on this song because the elements are actually there - that AMAZING post-chorus which for some reason does not feature at all until about 2:40, in the final 20 seconds of the song as it fades out

I think this is why it struggles for me too. There are some life-giving, especially towards the end but they aren't MAXIMIZED. Ariana's pre-chorus is the best part of the song. It should've been done at least twice more during the song.

Actually, I think Ariana's part is much better than Gaga's overall. She also has a much better voice, which helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom