Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande)

David Bowie is looking well

This era is so far reminding me of Born this Way rather than any other like ARTPOP

I'm actually living for Arianna seemingly walking out of a vagina like it's nothing in that cover. Geru really is an infinite trail blazer where Gags and gays are concerned.

Excited to hear it, but the snippets sound horribly generic and dated. Not a big fan of Grande either. Her music is deeply uninteresting.

YAS @Pipo, we want those Whitney Ts à la Born This Way, inspired by the late great Ms Houston (but NOT by Ms Ciccone, HA! WHAT!)

How inappropriate to attach the late Whitney to this ghastly disease. And corona.
Get the fuck out of this thread. Kindness punks only.
OjsYu4l.gif

The full 'Rain On Me' track is out there in LQ now. Nice little throwaway bop, but I really don't think it's anything hugely special. It's fairly anonymous and could be by a multitude of other artists I think. That Gaga magic isn't present here and there's nothing massively interesting happening in either the melody or production. Very enjoyable though, but yeah...it's a bit flat for me, especially given most of her previous singles. I reckon it'll do very well though.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNL
"As for her collab with Grande on "Rain on Me," Gaga says it was a true partnership, which started with Gaga asking Ari what she needed and how she wanted to proceed. "I said to her, "OK, now everything that you care about while you sing, I want you to forget it and just sing. And by the way, while you're doing that, I'm going to dance in front of you," Gaga recalls."

Imagine trying to sing whilst someone's waddling in front of you. :D

JESUS CHRIST

it's so refreshing to hear Ariana on something upbeat after 5 years.

I agree with @HeLikedTurner. It's a pretty fun track but ultimately mostly pleasant than anything else. It sounds like it could've been made by any old DJ.

The video will obviously be mammoth.

It’s okay. I’m going to like it more with more listens, but I expected something bigger and more dramatic.

Hopefully a remix of it will give us the piss play anthem we need for the summer.

It's surprising how it almost feels like Ariana's song in terms of how prominent she is vocally from verse 2 to the end of the song.

It's very good. But once again a big melodic chorus moment instead of the breakdown would've served the song best. Still I'm not disappointed - the "at least i'm alive" hook is divine, production sparkles and they both sound utterly great.

I love it but I wish it were longer and had more of the chorus. It's got quite a Shallow-ish structure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom