Random deep/disco/funky/piano house tunes

I hope it is a hit; its very uplifting!

It may be the vocals, but it kind of sounds like an updated version of this:

The bass-tweaked vocals have started picking up steam recently, I definitely prefer them to the opposite chipmunk vocals, I just hope they don’t become as overkill as those did, because it does make every vocal sound the same

have you heard his own 6am remix of it? it's even warmer and more atmospheric.

Reactions: RJN
I love it! More Nu Rave... is it brand new? It never came up on my radar playlists. But then I was never a fan of their original stuff which was more big beat stuff
RIGHT you had some rave thread too. It’s from 2019 I think. Just discovered it.

It’s the bit starting at 1:40 that’s :disco:

And then there’s this remix which is more housey.

These are all OLD by the way. I don’t know if this thread was supposed to be for new music or not but I just saw RANDOM in the title.

@funky! @FetchFugly! sound the HOT REMIX EP KLAXON!

I'm really agog at the quality of these :disco: they're all poppers o'clock! such squelchy basslines! haven't listened to the Skream mix but the other five all BANG REALLY HARD.

Franc Moody's own remix of Miami Horror is also a funk-fuelled delight

Oh I’ll take a look at those @Jark - I lived the Franc Moody album but I bet some of the tunes would make good remixes

There’s a ton of great complications out at the moment -

Defected Most Rated 2021
Toolroom House Party (vol4 is the latest)
Let There Be House (haven’t listened to this yet but looks great)

Even the MoS Annual looks great and that’s normally the beige EDM

shows how good the dance music has been this year

Just discovered this last night. Samples Inner City’s Good Life and is just SO lush.

Well this is fucking BRILLIANT.

I love the subtle James Brown grunt it samples, which was also used in Family Stand's "Ghetto Heaven" from the same era as Inner City. 1990 vibes from top to bottom.

This is a long shot but @funky do you happen to know a song that has strong diva vocals, is possibly from 2011 and has lyrics in it that go something like "find my real salvation". This is not a lot to go on I know. :D Really fucking want to find it but can't.

Any more detail? Was it piano, deep, was the vocal looped or did it have proper verses etc?

I probably would know it based on what you're describing but the lyric isn't triggering anything...

obsessed with "strong diva vocals" as a descriptor :D in house music of all genres! totally narrows it down!

obsessed with "strong diva vocals" as a descriptor :D in house music of all genres! totally narrows it down!
Bitch I SAID I didn't have much.:oi:

Any more detail? Was it piano, deep, was the vocal looped or did it have proper verses etc?

I probably would know it based on what you're describing but the lyric isn't triggering anything...
I mean I can HUM a bit of it in my head but all I remember is her singing "find my real salvation" or something rhyming it with something else with almost GRUNTING vocals. VERY STRONG! There were proper verses. For all I know it could have been a remix. It had a house beat!:tongueout: Maybe more electro or progressive. I thought it was on one of those Promo Only Club CDs from 2011 (January-February) but it doesn't seem to be on there.

The great thing about the return of old school sounds is that it's allowed the legends to stop trend-chasing and return to their roots. David Morales and Todd Terry have been churning out bangers this year. Loving this:

The great thing about the return of old school sounds is that it's allowed the legends to stop trend-chasing and return to their roots. David Morales and Todd Terry have been churning out bangers this year. Loving this:

LOVE this! What has Todd Terry done lately?

Oh absolutely loads ... he’s always popping up in my Spotify radar. Roger Sanchez too. Nothing specific jumps out but might be worth having a peruse on Spotify.

Todd Terry's been everywhere hun

DJs Gotta Dance More is quite a fave of mine

Reactions: RJN
Oh you beat me to it! Was gonna post that. Unfortunately it’s taken the big handbag breakdown out of it - I recommend checking out the original to hear what a TRULY GAY HOUSE SONG sounds like :disco:

Ron Basejam (Crazy P) adds a lovely space disco twist to the GA title track and it’s lovely

there’s also a tribal take from Psychmagik released as well

I thought the Psychemagik mix was almost more of a dub and ultimately disappointing. will check out Ron Basejam now

Gimme something harder like this pls. There's even a, you guessed it, Inner City like piano bit at 3:00.

I don't really have a lot of straight up tech house like that, but when I was searching, I was reminded of this Bruise (Diesel Xpress2 and someone else) remix of PetalsInSound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom