Random deep/disco/funky/piano house tunes

There's a new EP of remixes from Groove Armada, ironically it's my 2 least favourite songs from that glorious album, and they've been wonderfully updated.

The best is the Ashley Beedle remix of Tripwire, which i'm LOVING. Beedle is stuff on legend; he's not the most prolific remixer but when you see him you have to click. He never disappoints.

This slaps, but it's the 3 millionth version of the Turn Me Out song.

OMG - so the female vocalist on that fabulous Disciples track Solid Gold is bshp, and it had been playing on my mind trying to figure out from where I recognised the name

epiphany just now - last year while EXTREMELY DRUNK just around the corner from my house I somehow got talking to a random girl and her friends - I actually remembered only the very haziest sketch of this encounter, but saw the next day on Instagram that some stranger who seemed to be a musician had text me "lovely to meet you x" - so somehow I must have made a good impression? :D anyway her name was @bshp and she only had a couple of acoustic/ballady songs on her Spotify then. there's my claim to fame :disco:

this is like a darker 21C update of Chicane's Offshore. Almost blatant in places. Lovely though.

That’s a bit trancey. I’ve noticed they go down that route from time to time. I mean at this point nothing compares to You’ve Done Enough but I do like it.

I’m still annoyed that Radio 1 didn’t support YDE. It’s outperformed many other house songs on the charts that did get much bigger support. Could have been a huge hit. Still, it’s been their biggest release in years so there is that.

the streams have been massively impressive and it clearly would've smashed if supported. it's a hit in our hearts funks.

album Olympia out June 25th

Honey Dijon keeping the handbag scene alive

As much as I've Syon as a featured singer before, this is the wrong vocal here, it needed a big diva vocal, but the piano house production is on point

This is meaty

This has a nice melodic vibe. It lifts the lyrics from Toni's "You're Making Me High" but it's a completely different song

Ooh I haven't heard from Lisa Millett in a minute. Her voice takes me back.

@Ag @FetchFugly @Jark @Sheena have you seen this?

The Dreamland album has been reworked, every track given an update. I'd say most of the tracks are great - different enough to not detract from the original or actually an improvement on the original.

It's nice to see Ride On Time revert back to the sounds of its sample, and personally I'm LOVING the 70s funk version of "I Don't Know Anybody Else" :disco:

I think the Ride on Time Disco Mix has been around for a while. But will definitely get this is on NOW!

The only disappointment is probably Everybody Everybody - I loves me a chillout tune, but maybe not here. Fantasy is also not a patch on the original but I still like this version. Strike It Up though :disco:

I have seen it but haven’t indulged yet. I’m not sure you can improve on perfection.

DISCO ANTHEM Ride on Time :disco:

Papa I Don't Know Anybody Else works well, Strike it Up too. Chill out Everybody Everybody is sort of cute for a verse and a chorus but got old quick. Not feeling Fantasy at all.

I did put on the original album straight on after to experience the proper versions of those that had been tinkered with less successfully.

classic piano house number from the upcoming Gorgon City record

it's so 2013 :D

oh @funky, prepare yourself

new project from Joe Goddard and Amy Douglas of Horse Meat Disco. the first single is a right banger! that sexy bassline, the keys, the soulful vox...

@ManicKangaroo @FetchFugly

ugh the full 7 minute edit of this is some phenomenal shit. what a diva vocal. the song sounds like such a lost classic.

Above is a fucking vibe. a sultry, detached late night radio gem indeed. :disco:

Channel Tres is fast becoming a "I see, I click" artist for me. And Duke Dumont already is. Great collab.

I'm ALL OVER Secret Lover right now :disco: the way Satin Jackets is bringing it this year!

The past 4 years really! They haven’t stopped and they are shockingly consistent

speaking of which I think it’s time for a new Moon Boots album...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom