Random synthwave songs

I'm going to love the stuff in here, I can feel it. I will explore! Pale Waves and Fickle Friends are both recent discoveries and likes of mine (despite you saying "surely everyone knows them!" :D) and the ASFM songs are all high scorers chez me.

@ButterTart have you tried Arizona? More poppy than rocky but definitely indie pop. Their recent album was wall to wall synthwave. A bit samey in places but the best songs are superb. My favourite was "Trouble"

Also enjoy a bit of Arizona. Problems and Summer Days are my favourites. They also did a song with R3HAB called I Can Feel Alive which was a tune.

Everyone who likes 80s synth pop / nu wave really needs to investigate St Lucia. As long as they don't mind a male vocal, mind.

I think they've quietly influenced a lot of bands to update their sound with recent albums - Friendly Fires spring to mind.
Dancing On Glass is an awesome song.

Reactions: RJN
I love that album, but it seems like kind of a different genre?

I love that album, but it seems like kind of a different genre?

there’s a lot of synthwave in there, but it’s more broadly 80s pop inspired. You can hear a lot of Madonna’s first 2 albums in the production, albeit with a very different vocal.

Reactions: RJN
there’s a lot of synthwave in there, but it’s more broadly 80s pop inspired. You can hear a lot of Madonna’s first 2 albums in the production, albeit with a very different vocal.

well if it’s synthwave and 80s Madonna, that’s probably why I like it so much!

This actually sounds like a boyband, but what a catchy chorus!

It is funny but a lot of stuff in this thread I love but hadn't previously connected with synthwave as much as it does fit with that sound now I listen to it.

My reference for synthwave is generally Drive soundtrack but cheaper sounding, often with slightly DIY looking or illustrated artwork.

My reference for synthwave is generally Drive soundtrack but cheaper sounding, often with slightly DIY looking or illustrated artwork.

Love The Midnight. I like the darker side of synthwave also.

My reference is the Stranger Things soundtrack :D but yeah Drive definitely. And I'm thinking of a famous sci fi movie like Blade Runner or Tron but I can't place which one. It is quite broad, that's the beauty of it, but there are certain references that work. New Wave covered a lot of ground in the 80s.

anyway, this song is new and very aptly named:

Definitely the poppier end of the spectrum but it certainly lifts heavily from the 80s.

The original version is just as good but as the mix name suggests this goes all in on the eighties synth.

New EP from The Midnight:

Very good, though I can't help but wish that the guitar solo on Neon Medusa was toned down more than a bit - it is excellent until it hits that point. Nice SAXED UP version of Because The Night too.

Ingrid Witt's new one gets progressively more eighties as it goes on:

Very Fleetwood Mac:

I don't know who this is but I'm a bit obsessed with it. A bit Hall & Oates or maybe Toto at their poppiest.

Enjoying this EP - the highlight is the gorgeous "Green Lights"

This has more than a whiff of The Weeknd about it but I've liked both of these artists for a long time now... this is great (the featured artist is the fabulous JONES)

It's not ASFM levels of mighty synth pop but might be a grower

I preferred the LANY song from the other week with Kelsea Ballerini, though that was not synthwave.

Moopy needs to prepare itself for this I think, it has the potential to be very special

Current available grat tracks are great

There was a bit of hype around this track a few months back, and justifiably so, not sure if it will end up on the album

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom