RANDOM THINGS YOU HATE

Now I’m curious how y’all say Chicago. Can someone record it? Specifically @Tisch

pair of RACISTS

I shouldn’t talk of course, in fact I don’t seem to be able to talk while I’m here (in London), and I can barely understand what some people say.
I heard some Americans on the tube and it was so relaxing because I didn’t have to make an effort to understand.

This is hard to put in words, but when I read anything, be it here or anywhere else, I read it in my own accent in my head. I assumed everyone did that but maybe not

Or in general just adding the letter R into words in where it doesn't belong i.e. CHICARGO :rolleyes:
I think about 50% of people around these parts call lager LARGER with a hard G.

Obviously we do the rhotic R more than anywhere else in the country as well. And it's the thing that gives me away when drunk.

Here’s how we say it in Swedish:

<div><iframe width="300" height="60" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay"></iframe><br><a href="" title="Vocaroo Voice Recorder" target="_blank">View on Vocaroo &gt;&gt;</a></div>

This sounds closer to the American pronunciation than @Alex did

This is hard to put in words, but when I read anything, be it here or anywhere else, I read it in my own accent in my head. I assumed everyone did that but maybe not
Yes. And while i don't have to translate the words in my head during this, if the text contains any numerical symbols for some reason my head will read every number in greek.

And as for certain English pronounciation; I hate that r-sound that some British/Australians and others add to words that end with an a. I only noticed this a couple of years ago and for some reason it annoys me. :)

Today I heard a man saying ”siester” about siesta.

Oh you’d hate me.

I don’t know how to pronounce any thing now :D how should I be saying Chicago?

Is it an R British do, or one of those long posh ahhh sounds? Like in Bath

Oh I like dried fruit. But I bet it’s been mentioned in here already. See also @Rachey complaining about having to put it in her CHRISTMAS FUDGE.
:zombie: awful awful stuff. And why is there so many varieties of dried grape? Sultanas, raisins, currants, one disgusting dried grape is enough.

I'm dreading making this fudge.

In a sentence like this i can tell them apart, context helps a lot, but they sound quite similar to me.
They are I still don't really think I say it that differently to what's on the Wikipedia page. It does sound a bit Chi car go to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom