RANDOM THINGS YOU HATE

The thing is, I love it when people send me clips to watch at my leisure, but to do it in PERSON and throw me into the live reaction ring is just too much pressure.
This is QUITE DIFFERENT, but has given me HORRID FLASHBACKS to a situation I was in once.

One of the health centres I used to work at decided several years ago that it was going to host ART for the summer. A few pieces in the waiting room, others in the corridors. I'd seen the senior partner at the Arnolfini gallery here only a few weeks before, and I think because of that he thought I was one of the COGNOSCENTI. He insisted that he show me one piece they had decided not be opened to patients, only staff. He took me to one of the consulting rooms, which had mattresses on the floor, proceeded to lie down, and encouraged me to lie beside him. There was then a projection onto the ceiling of a young woman, completely naked, being lowered into a bath of milk, and then lifted out again. I led there watching in utter discomfort, probably only for about five minutes, but it felt like an eternity. Then at the end he told me that the woman was his daughter.

I don’t think I've ever felt so awkward or lost for words in my life.

GIFS IN THE 'Latest Profile Posts' LIST.

giphy.gif

People who have selective OCD on cleanliness. e.g. their personal space is pristine but they are OK leaving communal areas like a rubbish dump. Or obsessiveness about bathroom surfaces being so clean you can eat your dinner off them, but nowhere near the same care in the KITCHEN.

Just please be consistent and logical.

Oh there’s nothing worse than your housemates allowing an INVASION OF FRUIT FLIES :argh:

People who have selective OCD on cleanliness. e.g. their personal space is pristine but they are OK leaving communal areas like a rubbish dump. Or obsessiveness about bathroom surfaces being so clean you can eat your dinner off them, but nowhere near the same care in the KITCHEN.

Just please be consistent and logical.
OCD is not consistent or logical, so if they do actually have OCD then that behaviour does make sense!

OCD is not consistent or logical, so if they do actually have OCD then that behaviour does make sense!
I don't even think it IS OCD, people who have "things" about cleanliness try to say it's OCD but I know actual OCD is a proper psychiatric condition. The other types of people are just selfish cunts who don't want to pick up after themselves.

Agree, many me included tend to attribute minor obsessive behaviour to OCD when its not really causing any effect on our lives. Have an aunt with actual OCD who leaves her flat in the night to walk downtown and count the pavement tiles outside a specific shop or get up in the middle of the night, or stops whatever to recount her bathroom/kitchen tiles or the building bloc stairs etc. She has obsessive cleaning rituals and chores too but the counting ones are really desruptive in living a normal life.

Yes, I had someone on my team with proper OCD and it would cause him deep anxieties in many ways. You could see his behaviour changing and how it was affecting him.

When you have 3 missed calls from a friend, and phone them back and they have absolutely NOTHING to say.

I don’t have time for this.

When you have 3 missed calls from a friend, and phone them back and they have absolutely NOTHING to say.

I don’t have time for this.
:D What, TOTAL SILENCE?

Could be worse. They might want to talk about Love Island :tongueout:

People who phone and don't leave a message. I fucking hate that :argh:

So PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE!

This is QUITE DIFFERENT, but has given me HORRID FLASHBACKS to a situation I was in once.

One of the health centres I used to work at decided several years ago that it was going to host ART for the summer. A few pieces in the waiting room, others in the corridors. I'd seen the senior partner at the Arnolfini gallery here only a few weeks before, and I think because of that he thought I was one of the COGNOSCENTI. He insisted that he show me one piece they had decided not be opened to patients, only staff. He took me to one of the consulting rooms, which had mattresses on the floor, proceeded to lie down, and encouraged me to lie beside him. There was then a projection onto the ceiling of a young woman, completely naked, being lowered into a bath of milk, and then lifted out again. I led there watching in utter discomfort, probably only for about five minutes, but it felt like an eternity. Then at the end he told me that the woman was his daughter.

I don’t think I've ever felt so awkward or lost for words in my life.
Haha, what the fuck?!

People who PHONE when their message could easily be sent via email/text
Oh I don't mind that. In fact I've recently been forcing myself to use the phone more as I'm a little over-dependent on conversing with the written word

I KNOW WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom