Rank the Steps Albums

Sheena

ROMANCE
From another thread:

1. Buzz (it's weird- I'd have NEVER said this at the time!)
2. Tears on the Dancefloor
3. Steptacular
4. Step One
5. What The Future Holds
6. What The Future Holds Part Two
7. Light Up The World

The top six are all great, though. And very close between 1-4

Last edited:
I’m exactly the same as you.

Steptacular nudges Step One for me, but that is by and large due to Just Like The First Time and One For Sorrow (US Mix) being on my edition which elevates it. I really do wonder why they settled on Make It Easy On Me For Lisa’s track on the standard edition, did no one have EARS?!

The whole top five/six are all a solid 8/10 or better though.

Their bonus tracks were always weird- Buzz losing Mars and Venus and Human Touch seemed silly at the time, albeit that the original studio versions were perhaps a little dated and Steptacular style at the time and not in keeping with the main album. The remix of Human Touch (WIP?) sorted that out though.

I quite like Mars and Venus, but it’s not really much of a standard Steps song. Quite why they used that for the second crack at the US when they had Its The Way...or Here and Now right there was a bit baffling.

Indeed. I’m not sure anything would have been a hit but Mars and Venus, which I do like, makes no sense when you put it alongside both of those. Hell, even You’ll Be Sorry in its single form was a better US single.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom