"Raya and the Last Dragon" [Disney]

KindaCool

Footsteps are following me
So this is supposed to be a big deal and it looks quite good.

In theaters or order it on Disney+ with Premier Access on March 5.

It's free to stream on Disney+ now

I found it... OK

Hugely lesbionic which was fun

The dragon character was pretty lame, and I didn't like the dragon designs at all but otherwise it looked lovely

Raya is a bit of a QoL with that hair

I think it would have flopped if it came out traditionally

Well that's it for now

I watched this last week, I rather enjoyed it but agree there is little significantly outstanding that makes it any more than pleasant

Reactions: dUb
Also this Reddit comment re the dénouement is pretty accurate

It had a lot of good scenes but honestly I think the movie flubbed its message of trust and forgiveness. Raya is traumatized over what she's been through, and while it's a good message that never trusting anyone ever again is a bad way to live your life, at the same time Namari is never really sorry. She expresses remorse in the "oh wow my betrayal accidentally screwed over my tribe, too, and not just your tribe" while never apologizing for her betrayal to Raya and combined with Sheesu's "hey maybe if you keep trusting her then she'll be changed by your faith in her!" it comes off as this weird abuser apologia. It's really screwed up to keep forgiving an unapologetic abuser in the hopes that they'll change one day.

It was fine I guess. I've forgotten most by now, I watched it a few months ago. I know that the thieving baby was the worst Disney character ever though, I couldn't believe someone approved that idea. It made no sense (and yes, I am aware that it's a film about magical dragons).

It was fine I guess. I've forgotten most by now, I watched it a few months ago. I know that the thieving baby was the worst Disney character ever though, I couldn't believe someone approved that idea. It made no sense (and yes, I am aware that it's a film about magical dragons).
YES HATED IT!

Oh I loved the baby, it’s just the cutest thing ever.

The movie was ok, it was visually stunning but yeah without songs it lacked an oomf to make it better than something like Encanto (which had a muddled story but very memorable songs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom