RAYE - Call On Me

Jark

User
janft cover/rework out next Friday.

that was a lie obviously. I've heard this is a big summer tune though, so very excited. she's such a great popstar.

This is so disappointing. It's so generic. Another pop-dance by the numbers. It'll be massive on radio. Probably be a huge hit for her but I actively dislike it.

Nothing she does on her own seems to get too much traction, so not sure it’ll be a big hit for her

Yeah I didn’t mind it but it wasn’t the beast I anticipated

This gave me Jess Glynne REDUX on first listen. It definitely seems like a big push for a solo RAYE hit but it is a bit disappointing.

RAYE is majorly pissed off with her label:

That does sound pretty shitty. I guess now is not the time to question whether Euphoric (Sad Songs) was actually an album.

I saw this. so sad. she's been the voice of so many major hits at this point, it wouldn't be hard to build a committed fanbase for her that would yield enough first week sales to pay for the campaign.

The bit about switching genres at their request feels rough. Just imagine all those great songs she has sat in those folders.

I love Raye but Call Me is a bit weak so good luck hun

does the general public know who she is at all? I know she’s been on a bunch of hits, but I suspect not

I didn’t know her but she was on Sunday Brunch on channel 4 last Sunday and she came across very well.

does the general public know who she is at all? I know she’s been on a bunch of hits, but I suspect not
I would say not really, but Natalie Don't was a minor hit last year and she named on the BBC's rising stars, but that was a good few years back now.

As a rule the public doesn't know who most artists are until the point they've got a good few big hits under their belt. I'd say Dua Lipa really only made that point around the time of Don't Start Now. Mabel is probably a couple of hits away from reaching it, so RAYE will be some distance from there.

They should have let her release at least one album based on You Don't Know Me and BED but O bet their excuse was they're not strictly "her" songs.

Yeah, I won’t be coming back. But good luck with the record label hun wish you the best x

I feel for her, and it's a horrible position to be quite literally be STUCK IN...but she's also in a much better position than 99% of other people in the (absolutely fucked) UK music industry.

I'm assuming the label aren't STUMPING UP THE CASH (despite multiple hits as features) because they are still quite un-recouped from financing her last project which bizarrely WASN'T an album (?). I imagine it's far more a case of business than emotion.

I'm amazed the label however haven't PLOPPED OUT an "GET TO KNOW Becky Hill" compilation album equivalent out for Raye to help familiarity and build an actual fanbase. Get To Know, Mabel's High Expectations and Jess Glynne's I Cry When I Laugh basically never leave the album chart as they are full of hits that people keep streaming.

Well she seems happy to have got her 'graceful smooth exit'. I wonder if she got to take any of her songs with her.

GOOD FOR HER.

She's not released that much of her own material overall so even if she doesn't have the masters at least she's free to do an album now. I feel like she'll have a lot of industry support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom