RAYE - Escapism. + My 21st Century Blues

Oh yes, please let it be a cover of the Lilly Allen song that was somewhat about the SAME SUBJECT.

So, does this mean she's saying goodbye to DJ collaborations or writing songs for her lessers (Mabel) ?

Absolute BANGER! Probably do fuck all but I’m glad she’s still pushing ahead.

Is she not hiring herself for any more collabs?? I hope at least she'll do it ironically like Charli so she can finance her vanity projects.

Oh I like the new one. It's Song Of The Weekend on Radio 1

The video is actually giving me Gaga vibes.

the first two singles I didn't care for, but Escapism is out and this one is a serious tune. the "b-side" bops too.

Just watched her doing The Thrill Is Gone on Jools Holland. Excellent performance, vocally she can do some stuff.

Escapism has begun to take off on TikTok and is tearing up UK spotify every day

should go top 40 this Friday and well beyond that next week. her first solo hit as an indie artist. :disco: werk!

Yeah I don’t love it but I fully love her getting a genuine hit on her own (as the Lead anyway), especially after going independent.

If all the old Xmas songs stop RAYE grabbing a well deserved solo top 10 hit, I will be livid! Talk about rotten timing for the track to blow up.... it's December on Thursday 😩

She’s ahead of many now on Spotify and Apple, so she will likely climb in the midweeks, potentially to the top ten as she is now #5 on Spotify. Otherwise she’ll be fine in January - fuck all new music is released in December so she will take advantage of the Xmas exodus.

#1 on Apple Music today and #1 with the two versions combined on Spotify. definitely going top 10 this week and top 3 next week at a minimum. QUEEN!

According to the early Friday stats she may well be on track for #1 this week :o

#2 this week. I’d say Xmas songs will only grow and thus block her for the next three weeks but after that she may very well have a clear shot at #1, pending nothing big blowing up.

On course for Number One in the UK this week.

I absolutely don't understand why this is the one that has broken through when she's put out so much good stuff, but I'm really thrilled that it has.

the previous single Black Mascara has really crept up on me now too. big tune. this album could be QUITE special.

there's also a collab on it with UK gentle r&b queen Mahalia. :disco:

I've got my fingers crossed. Euphoric Sad Songs is just my kind of miserable pop (the title couldn't be more appropriate), so I hope the new album will be more of the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom