Real Housewives of New York

Bethenny has ended her seven figure deal with MGM claiming she walked away because she wants to “keep doing her podcast”.

Sure Jan GIF

Heather and Leah were both horrendous this episode, and probably did Luann a huge favour - taking the focus away from her once she'd given Eboni what actually seemed like quite a sincere apology.

I know Heather only means well, but she absolutely needed to be called out for that comment about understanding the world black people have to live in because she once worked with Puffy and Beyoncé. I only wish someone had finally called her out on her jarring appropriation of black vernacular too - something which is long overdue and should have been spoken about when she first arrived onto the show in season 5.

I like Eboni's presence on the show, and seeing her friendship blossom with Sonja on this episode was sweet. Though it's probably only a matter of time before Lady Morgan fucks it up and ends up saying goodbye to her best chance of staying on the show :eyes:

and probably did Luann a huge favour - taking the focus away from her once she'd given Eboni what actually seemed like quite a sincere apology.

OK this is encouraging! I'm going to watch it later.
I feel somewhat personally EMOTIONALLY ABUSED by Luann revealing her racial insensitivity last episode, having hoodwinked us all into thinking she had EVOLVED into a better being over the past few season :oi:

I feel like there will always be room for Luann to grow and evolve :eyes:

It's not over yet of course, but I feel Luann successfully managed to just about wriggle off the hook?
She still didn't approach it perfectly at all, but her apology did seem sincere. I thought it was quite CURIOUS that the Luann talking heads in the red top were serving haughty Countess Luann, whilst the black top talking heads were serving woke Democrat Luann - clearly after production had had a word in her ear that this wasn't an argument worth persisting with if she wants a future on the show.

Leah is definitely serving Siggy part 2, but thankfully just about hate-watchable enough for me at present. Not sure if I can handle it for the entire season however.
Ramona for the past 2 episodes has been a hilarious drunken MESS!

Oh and whilst I was glad HOLLA HEATHER was there for the past few episodes as she seemingly caused drama by just EXISTING, and she really helped fill the obvious void in the cast by not having a sixth wife - but she really did come across VERY white saviour-y whenever she spoke about race. Her patronising "that was very eloquent" comment made me gasp, and I'm please Eboni immediately reacted to it on camera.
Never mind her trying to claim she was in touch with black culture because she once worked with P Diddy 20 years ago :D

On a similar note, she's just not very FABULOUS is she? Some of those basic mom outfits she was wearing were a complete DISASTER!
rhony-heather-holla-back.gif

God this season is no fun. I appreciate what Ebony is doing but I don’t want to watch the women squirm around her.

This is on the other hand is fabulous

I'm on episode 2. Am I meant to hate Ramona? Does she get better? :D

Update on my RHONY adventures: I have just finished SEASON 9. It has been a journey and I've loved every second. I'm terrified about catching up because how the hell am I going to feel fulfilled in my life without this.

I can't with this season...it makes me SO SAD!

Bershan seemed FABULOUS this week, and a bit of a WTF moment as to why she isn't holding an apple already - she seems PERFECT for the show?

I can't with the show forcing Eboni to suck the life out of every episode. I LIKE Eboni, I think she's a great addition to the show - the edit is so brutal in the way of trying to show her educating Ramona, and Luann, about race it's starting to prevent this from even being a Housewives show. Eboni comes across so well at all times, but even she must be begging for production to LET SOME LIGHT IN!

The scene with Lu and her handsome daughter this week was lovely and seemed genuine (if only it hadn't been filmed :eyes: ). Hot Noel conspicuous by his absense :eyes:

I still haven’t finished the Hamptons episodes, it really is a real SLOG.

Ira Madison wrote a good piece in response to Eboni’s post complaining about a 1 star review that the episode got.

Ooh this is a really good, well-written take on the VERY IMPORTANT SUBJECT that is RHONY :D
I think she's a little harsh on Eboni, as I don't think she's a complete disaster - I actually really like her when she's being smart, funny and actually shown engaging with the women.

I think the small - mostly sober - cast and editors giving us constant scenes of Eboni educating the women are a bigger problem than Eboni herself. Dialled back a bit she could be shown making points AND having fun.

I'm so fucking mad that Beverly Hills is having a great season and New York is being a bit of a flop :(

We’ve gone 8 seasons without a flop so it’s not surprising but I REALLY NEED them to be back on form next year. It’s unashamedly one of my favourite TV SERIES of ALL TIME.

It did seem to turn a bit of a corner this week, in that scene where Ramona threatens to WALK OUT OF HER OWN APARTMENT, only for the two of them to end up embracing and giggling about the absurdity of it. I'm hoping it's a sign of things becoming lighter.

That being said, it'll be surprising if enough people are still watching to have even seen that scene :(

I caught up on New York yesterday and then had a long vivid dream about Jill Zarin filming for the show last night. My subconscious feelings somehow falling in line with my conscious feelings about it all.

Apparently ratings haven't been GREAT, and I'm worried they really burn this show down to the ground by removing one or more of Ramona/Luann/Sonja :zombie:

I'd really love them to REMOVE Leah and write her off as a failed experiment, but I just can't see that happening.
I wouldn't actually change the current cast at all if we have to drag Leah forward. I'd add Bershan, and bring back ANY or MANY old cast members to make them all gel a bit better. Any/all of Dorinda/Bethenny/Jill/even Tinsley would be most welcome at this point.

I can't wait to get up to these later seasons!!

Does the show take a dip at some point after Season 6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom