Reclaim The Night Protests

And all this means what, exactly? The actual left is way more versed in coalition building and working with people who don't share their views than the right. Give me one example of coalition building on the right, or where the right have ceded ground on anything? I think these ideas about aggression and disagreements are overblown, because really, the issue of leftist politics is the solidarity that once existed has been dismantled by the right and its attacks on unions etc. And its a problem that white folk expect minorities to take positions that go against their interests for the sake of the common good - see Keir Starmer. Also, the problem is that both-sides-ing this whole debate is never going to work - its never going to make lasting social justice changes.

And if you think that the divisions in this country haven't always existed in some form, and that they are easy to heal, I think you're wrong.

I think you just need to remember that your opinion is just that - your opinion. You’re talking about a very complicated situation and you don’t have all the answers.

Also you talk about coalitions and yet you are completely closed to opposing opinions and quite defensive about your own- which is a bit of a dichotomy really...

Is the narrative that the right is responsible for the implosion of the left? I feel like that's a bit of an evasion of responsiblity. There seemed to be a lot of solidarity when Momentum was organised enough to really take over the Labour party

I think you just need to remember that your opinion is just that - your opinion. You’re talking about a very complicated situation and you don’t have all the answers.

Also you talk about coalitions and yet you are completely closed to opposing opinions and quite defensive about your own- which is a bit of a dichotomy really...

having just read this thread I do feel like this is a bit of a slap in the face to someone who was actually giving you lots of information and ideas in response to your initial posts where you said yourself you weren’t sure how to organise all the thoughts you had?

having just read this thread I do feel like this is a bit of a slap in the face to someone who was actually giving you lots of information and ideas in response to your initial posts where you said yourself you weren’t sure how to organise all the thoughts you had?

Thanks, love.

Trying my best not to be rude, but I think @funky needs to familiarise himself with the difference between facts and opinions. Nearly everything I've said I can cite a source and reference for. Those are FACTS. Nearly everything he's said has no source. Because it is an OPINION and ultimately has no politics, no argument at the heart of it.

Also, on the point of coalitions, I don't get very involved in activism anymore, but I do have experience in coalition-building. I know what it takes. And that is another FACT! :disco:

Also I'm going to say that it's a little bit boring having these conversations now, because we've entered peak era where all opinions are equal, even when it's clear that lots of people don't have the reading or the knowledge. As I always say, queens, do the basic WERQ!

I think it’s more that you do it in a very patronising way Beverly. Obviously I’m not the only one to think so, but if you want to aim your frustrations at me that’s fine, I’m not taking the bait. I made the mistake of getting involved in the conversation in the first place. It was quite clear that I wasn’t offering opinions, I was merely thinking about loud and trying to be balanced in a very complicated environment. That’s currently how I deal with things and since I’m not hurting anyone I think I have a right to do so. I have plenty of people
In my real life to aid in my growth and learning who do it in a far more productive way. You seem to want to change the world one Karen at a time and through snidy comments. I guess it’s in line with the moopy tone but it doesn’t do it for me. Don’t worry yourself I’m only one person. I come on moopy for escapism and I need it right now so please don’t come at me. Ignore me if you need to. The world doesn’t need another argument. Just let me be neutral, it won’t kill you.

Nothing is neutral and the fact that you don't understand that says everything. I might have patronised you, but actually, what I really did was push back and complicate ideas you threw out there that have no basis. My remark about doing the work wasn't only aimed at you, but trust, I don't care if people on here think I'm patronising. I engage in good faith, with lots of empathy 100% of the time. And then I lose patience.

Bev, I don't find you patronising and OBVIOUSLY I'm not the only one to think so :) I think you have the patience of a saint actually and your point of view is always appreciated and OBVIOUSLY not only by me :)

ExGVwFgXEAM6VzJ

So? Sarah probably tried her best not to get murdered by one of their colleagues.

On the news this evening there was a woman at the protest who by her own account said she was vocal and provocative. She said she regretted her part and a peaceful vigil shouldn't have ended in provoking the police.

I'm not especially convinced by either side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom