Relisten #1: 'Kylie' and 'Enjoy Yourself' - 16/10/20 19:00

Reactions: COB
Yes 8 or 9 pm would be ideal but I can probably make 7 pm work on a Friday if that is the consensus.
It just depends on what Funky's planning really. If his can be later I can make this later. I don't like the idea of them clashing.

Also I picked Friday because there's an Ab Fab thing on Thursday and Eurovision on Saturday so this works best. If it looks like it'll be completely empty I'll rethink.

It just depends on what Funky's planning really. If his can be later I can make this later. I don't like the idea of them clashing.

Also I picked Friday because there's an Ab Fab thing on Thursday and Eurovision on Saturday so this works best. If it looks like it'll be completely empty I'll rethink.
Didn’t see that conflict- if that’s the case then feel free to ignore me!

So I absolutely bought I Should Be So Lucky on 7" (or had it bought for me) BECAUSE OF Neighbours.

How many moopy people initially got into Kylie because of that?

The album wasn't my first (I shared Bad by MJ on cassette with my brother) but it was the first that I had sole ownership of. My brother liked the debut (because of her affiliation with Neighbours I guess and the fact that I wouldn't stop going on about her) but started to hate her pretty soon after.

I was wondering why on Earth I would be tagged in a thread about Kylies first two albums! Ok just let me know what I’m doing with the GA thing and I’ll work around you

So I absolutely bought I Should Be So Lucky on 7" (or had it bought for me) BECAUSE OF Neighbours.

How many moopy people initially got into Kylie because of that?

The album wasn't my first (I shared Bad by MJ on cassette with my brother) but it was the first that I had sole ownership of. My brother liked the debut (because of her affiliation with Neighbours I guess and the fact that I wouldn't stop going on about her) but started to hate her pretty soon after.

I remember watching Neighbours then, but I don't think I particularly liked her in it any more than Plain Jane Superbrain until she had the pop career alongside it.

I genuinely can't remember which the first single of hers I bought was. As I said, I had the first album on cassette, but the first single I can categorically remember having was the cassette single of Hand On Your Heart.

Oh and THE CASSETTE which I still have is covered in Kylie stickers.

Oh the simple life of a 10/11 year old.

I had about three years worth of Neighbours recorded to VHS. I can't believe I did that shit.

All her promo appearances too. I remember Steph Schofield (before she married Philip) learning the WCAT dance with her on CBBC.

I was wondering why on Earth I would be tagged in a thread about Kylies first two albums! Ok just let me know what I’m doing with the GA thing and I’ll work around you
I was hoping you'd let me know what you were doing :tongue:

These two albums will take an hour. So ideally I'll either do 7-8 or 7.30-8.30 which might suit people better. Do you mind when your funky playlist is/have an idea of how long it is?

Well the Kylie one would probably be bigger and mine's more of a later in the night deal I suppose... my playlist is 90 mins though. Kinda feel like both in one night is overkill. Shall I postpone?

I suspect there is room and appetite for both.

I'd say Enjoy What You Can is an interesting foray into hotter house climates only Lonnie Gordon would feel at home with (as she'd start stripping and get the paddling pool out of course).

Kylie knows about it now, so they’ll be no cancellations :side-eye:

I think the account needs to say hello to the real Annie Lennox as I was almost fooled into thinking poor Kylie was joining forces for a mung bean project.

Reactions: SDF
I sadly won't be available for this, but have much fun. The singles from Kylie made me gay.

2 HOURS TO GO! Hope you're all suitably dressed for the occasion :disco:

KMinogue01_GL_7dec10_rex_.jpg

I never NEED to hear ISBSL ever again, but it really is a perfect pop song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom