Relisten #2: Rhythm of Love & Let’s Get To It - 19/10/20 19:30

Aitken may have left a matter of weeks before, but they remained SAW in the public consciousness.

Out of interest, the week Word Is Out peaked at #16, the following SAW related acts were also in the charts.

#19 Jason Donovan - Happy Together (Peak: #10 - his last significant hit)

#22 Sonia - Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy (peaked at #22, she'd already left SAW at this point and managed another couple of modest hits plus her Eurovision moment before sinking into obscurity)

Sonia sunk in to obscurity? Talk about rewriting history @VoR

I wonder if Kylie recording with Stephen Bray et al was the catalyst that led to the breakup of SAW. Probably not but it was pretty unheard of for PWL acts to record outside of the stable wasn’t it?

I'm listening to some Jason singles now. My God, even by SAW standards he was an abysmal singer :D

I'd say Jason got the dregs, but I imagine they had worse on their books.

A-4975-1426366730-7211.jpeg.jpg

I'd have loved for When You Come Back To Me to have been sent Kylie's way instead of Jason's.

Does anyone recall that soft release that Jason had before Too Many Broken Hearts - Nothing Can Divide Us?

He still had a mullet in the video didn't he?

I'm listening to some Jason singles now. My God, even by SAW standards he was an abysmal singer :D
It's not even that he sang out of tune. He was just atonal by any standards (and no, it certainly wasn't intentional.)

I just pressed play 20 seconds ago and I'm already AWASH WITH JOY.

Those synths are LUSH, MAGICAL UNICORNS.

Is it just me or was Kylie's 90s voice quite considerably fuller and richer and more elastic than her 00s voice? She also sounded good on Light Years and Fever but a slight nasal quality had set in (which obviously got worse) but she's got a very full bodied voice on this record that was just beginning to nicely MATURE.

like, there's some real MUSCLE in these VOX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom