Relisten #2: Rhythm of Love & Let’s Get To It - 19/10/20 19:30

SDF

We're all Angles in Chainz
Give me just a little of your time on Monday evening and let’s step back to the year 1990 and 91 for our second Kylie extravaganza with a double bill of Rhythm of Love & Let’s Get To It

First up is Rhythm of Love, featuring the four top ten singles: Better the devil you know, Step back in time, What do I have to do?, and Shocked. The album wasn’t as big commercially as the previous two, and didn’t even chart in the top ten in Australia until months after its release (okay I wiki’d that). Clearly the world wasn’t hearing what I’m hearing. Has there ever been a bette run of singles? Talk about :disco::disco::disco:

Next up is Let Get To It, which was apparently the longest album they spent recording in the studio together. Kylie Ann was obviously learning her sound engineering skills at a young age. All that time in the studio didn’t really pay off, and the album never went top 10. But it does feature the quite frankly wonderful Give Me Just A Little More Time. And who can deny that.

Kylie Ann, we stan.

Last edited:
Have you seen the threads on page one? :disco:

Think we need more mods :eyes:

still in the Mariah forum loves

Song of the summer Obsessed still out now x

Oh and should we get the invites out early or just before?

It would be nice if it could be a bit more than 4 of us this time.

Think we need more mods :eyes:

still in the Mariah forum loves

Song of the summer Obsessed still out now x

It's in the Kylie forum - whoever moved it also left a redirect in the Divas forum. I'm sure they had their reasons, but I don't seem to be able to get rid of that redirect.

Reactions: SDF
It's in the Kylie forum - whoever moved it also left a redirect in the Divas forum. I'm sure they had their reasons, but I don't seem to be able to get rid of that redirect.

Why would we get rid of the PROMO?

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So yeah, I'll have to post after the fact, but I'm looking forward to this very lopsided set, not least because I'm not that familiar with LGTI (who knew Kylie hates them Bi?)

Rhythm of Love is another one I had on cassette, but I have no real knowledge of LGTI whatsoever :o

I have team practice tomorrow night but might be able to catch some of this which would be handy as Let’s Get To It is the only Kylie album I’ve never listened to. I wish they’d do a cheap box set of the PWL albums.

Alexa is now kindly giving me my first ever spin of Lets Get To It while I do a little in the living room work out.

Let's Get To It is Mr L's least favourite Kylie album. I'd probably only rate it above the first two.

I am totally here for Rhythm of Love :disco:
and then... I'll be washing my hair

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom