Relisten #8.1: Golden (05/11/20 at 10:45pm)

Eddie

User
GIDDY UP! COWBOYS AND COWGIRL, this is HAPPENING TONIGHT!

Are we all ready to take in the sonic collision of Kylie with the ODD FIDDLE AND BANJO (or two)? Make a date with Ms Minogue, (by way of Ms Taylor Swift) TONIGHT at 10:45 RIGHT HERE as a beautifully contrasting precursor to the FIRST LISTEN PARTY of :disco: !

IMG-3225.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure yet. I may need to douche myself thoroughly in prep for Disco at midnight.

This is a 40 minute warning for anyone who might want to take part.

Probably wasn't the most flattering photo I could have chosen. :D

Most of moopy's Kylie fans hate this album don't they?

I like it! But I just did an hour and a half of Nineties sitcom and shall now retire to bed, sorry :(

not tagging anyone for this then Eddie after Lume mouthed off? :D

Dancing has so many elements of a really good song. Unfortunately the mixing or whatever is so muddy which makes it feel cheap and compressed. It really sounds like it was recorded on a potato.

08 Dancing

The Sky Adams production is interesting and a counterpoint to what's to come on the next album. I still maintain this is a CHOON.

Dancing has so many elements of a really good song. Unfortunately the mixing or whatever is so muddy which makes it feel cheap and compressed. It really sounds like it was recorded on a potato.

08 Dancing

I'm not sure I quite get this. You've mentioned it many a time but wasn't it part of the aesthetic?

10 Dancing

Stop Me From Falling is lovely and properly singalong but I prefer the reggaeton version.

Stop Me From Falling has some nice melodies but on the whole it bores me a bit.

Golden on the other hand is much more like it. A really sunny, bouncy, feel-good bop which doesn't fall into the trap of being basic like large parts of this album.

08 Dancing
07 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden

Gosh I love Golden (the song). The yodelling is inspired!

I really think A Lifetime To Repair would be more enjoyable with a better vocal and slightly less fiddle.

Lifetime to Repair really feels like it's building up to something with those cutesy country bumpkin verses but god that chorus is such a FLACCID TENTACLE.

Such a shame as the rest is lovely, especially her lower vocal on the middle 8. but it really is a terrible chorus.

08 Dancing
07 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime to Repair

I mean I really enjoy the lyricism. It's just too much of a hillbilly bumpkin pastiche.

I'm not listening live, but our negative @Nancy @ZenGiraffe contribution for the evening is that the original Dancing is gobshite, and the only version worth listening to is the Initial Talks remix

10 Dancing
08 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime To Repair

I'm not listening live, but our negative @Nancy @ZenGiraffe contribution for the evening is that the original Dancing is gobshite, and the only version worth listening to is the Initial Talks remix

Why are you not listening live? I demand you drop everything and partake. I need someone to have a go at.

I didn't really remember Sincerely Yours but it's actually quite good innit. A bit more of a balance between the twangy guitars and her business as usual dance pop sound.

super melodic chorus and strong vocals.

08 Dancing
07 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime to Repair
08 Sincerely Yours

the non-Sky Adams songs on this album are comfortably the strongest.

Why are you not listen live. I demand you s too early everything and partake. I need someone to have a go at.
Too busy watching CNN repeat the same thing over and over again with ever so slightly different numbers.

Sincetely Yours is just lovely. Better than the equivalent on X tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom