Relisten #8.1: Golden (05/11/20 at 10:45pm)

10 Dancing
08 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime To Repair
08 Sincerely Yours

One Last Kiss is great. They really chose some odds songs to promote this album with. I'd have gone

01 Dancing
02 One Last Kiss
03 Shelby 68
04 Golden
05 Music's Too Sad

did a "more pop" version of this also leak afterwards? not that this is particularly country. the middle 8 gets a bit pop Shania musically.

08 Dancing
07 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime to Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Kiss

I was a bit tepid on One Last Kiss when the album came out but it's rather wonderful isn't it?

Oh I see

One Last Kiss is one of my favorites from the album, not that I've listened to it that many times. I like the way she pronounces the end of the chorus.

One Last Kiss is great. They really chose some odds songs to promote this album with. I'd have gone

01 Dancing
02 One Last Kiss
03 Shelby 68
04 Golden
05 Music's Too Sad

did a "more pop" version of this also leak afterwards? not that this is particularly country. the middle 8 gets a bit pop Shania musically.

08 Dancing
07 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime to Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Kiss

Yeah. I prefer the slightly less country version of this actually.

I don't know what's going on with the production on the chorus of Live a Little. it's very RANDOM and has nothin in common with the wistful vibe of the verses. it's like a Jewel pop song parody. the rest is good.

08 Dancing
07 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime to Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Time
07 Live a Little

10 Dancing
08 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime To Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Kiss

OLK is a Biffco track, right? I'm not surprised she keeps going back to him.

I skipped ahead to Live A Little though to catch up. Pleasant but not a fave. The lyrics are a little Katy Perry.

Ok. Live A Little is absolutely my guilty pleasure. The chorus is a complete singalong BOP.

Ok well I'm remembering that I really do love this album.

Sorry.

I think melodically at least, it is really very strong.

Reactions: RJN
08 One Last Kiss
06 Live A Little
11 Shelby 68 - Is this a fan favorite? It is my favorite BY FAR ("I've been lying if I said I always chose what was good" - was too relatable earlier this year for me)

10 Dancing
08 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime To Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Kiss
09 Live A Little

OK Shelby 68 is a fantastic little pop song. Lyrically it perfectly nails the brief of this record, the melodies breeze by so prettily and the chorus is dreamy gorgeousness. I don't understand how they sat on this - it's such an obvious radio hit as well.

08 Dancing
07 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime to Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Time
07 Live a Little
10 Shelby '68

Ok well I'm remembering that I really do love this album.

Sorry.

I think melodically at least, it is really very strong.

I agree about the melodies. I think it just wasn't what I wanted from her, which colored my view of it, but the melodies are very pretty.

10 Dancing
08 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime To Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Kiss
09 Live A Little
10 Shelby '68

This album hits its stride very nicely in the middle section. I don't know if I'd call it a country album but Radio On and Love feel like the songs that come closest to being country, rather than just pop with guitars and fiddles. Radio On is pure 90s folksy/Nashville singer-songwriter vibes. It's a great fit for her.

08 Dancing
07 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime to Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Time
07 Live a Little
10 Shelby '68
09 Radio On

This is gorgeous. The lyrics are beautiful. Her voice is impeccable. The production is outstanding. Radio On is the ONE for me.

10 Dancing
08 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime To Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Kiss
09 Live A Little
10 Shelby '68
10 Radio On

I seriously want her to record an ENTIRE record with Jon Green.

Can you imagine the EMOTOPOP we would get?

Love is universally disliked isn't it? Kylie fans are so tasteless sometimes. It's fucking beautiful.

07 Dancing
07 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime to Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Time
07 Live a Little
10 Shelby '68
09 Radio On
09 Love

whatever you feel it will always be real in love
whatever you do it will always be true in love
whatever you need it will always be free in love

:disco:

I don't why this song makes me feel so melancholy. it is absolutely that bitch though.

I LOVE Love too. Love the way it builds. Love everything about it.

This album gets such a bad rap on here. It doesn't deserve it.

10 Dancing
08 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime To Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Kiss
09 Live A Little
10 Shelby '68
10 Radio On
09 Love

08 One Last Kiss
06 Live A Little
11 Shelby 68 - Is this a fan favorite? It is my favorite BY FAR ("I've been lying if I said I always chose what was good" - was too relatable earlier this year for me)
09 - Radio On - I forgot about this one! But it is once again very pretty. I feel like I don't have that many words to describe these songs, but this is one of the best
08 - LOVE - I didn't realize this was disliked? I like it, but I guess I could see someone not. @Jark It doesn't make me feel very melancholy though (and every song makes me feel melancholy :()
10 - Raining Glitter - One of my favorite Kylie songs to run to (from this album at least). She does her "whooop," which is always a treat

The songwriting is so effortless on this back half of the album. I had forgotten. I probably need to spend more time with this album. The singles put me off it but it's slaying me a bit tonight FRANKLY

08 Dancing
07 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime to Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Kiss
07 Live a Little
10 Shelby '68
09 Radio On
09 Love
08 Raining Glitter

Last edited:
Raining Glitter : sleepy verses -awesome. Remind me of Beth Orton's Central Reservation.

The rest? Not so much.

I honestly think the "woops" in Raining Glitter detract from it.

Actually fuck. Raining Glitter is working for me tonight.

08 One Last Kiss
06 Live A Little
11 Shelby 68
09 - Radio On
08 - LOVE
10 - Raining Glitter
05 - The Music's Too Sad Without You - Fine but I just don't connect. I like the piano(?) after the chorus, but the chorus isn't as catchy as it should be. I like Jack Savoretti's voice I guess, but I'm guessing his solo music is boring?

10 Dancing
08 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime To Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Kiss
09 Live A Little
10 Shelby '68
10 Radio On
09 Love
08 Raining Glitter (it was only a 7 before tonight)

OK allow me to fangirl a bit because Music's Too Sad is such a special song - I was actually a bit shocked.mp3 when i heard it because her vocal in places is serving 90s Kylie, which was when her vocals were peak. I adore her lower register.

The second bridge where she does the high harmony over Jack is quietly spectacular.

08 Dancing
07 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime to Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Kiss
07 Live a Little
10 Shelby '68
09 Radio On
09 Love
11 Music's Too Sad Without You

It really feels like a lost gem recovered from '97. It also sold really well and is the album's 2nd biggest hit which probably indicates that she could/should have pursued this Hot AC sound further. Easily her best album closer since Light Years.

Love the production on The Music's Too Sad Without You. It's a stunning song. They sound fantastic together. I'd say it is unlike any other song she has done before.

10 Dancing
08 Stop Me From Falling
09 Golden
06 A Lifetime To Repair
08 Sincerely Yours
08 One Last Kiss
09 Live A Little
10 Shelby '68
10 Radio On
09 Love
08 Raining Glitter
09 The Music's Too Sad Without You