Relisten #8.2: DISCO (06/11/20 at 19:00)

Eddie

User
LISTEN #8.2: DISCO (FIRST LISTEN PARTY 06/11/20 00:00)

RELISTEN #8.2: DISCO (06/11/20 at 19:00)

5-BAD1-E9-C-7-D67-4-B5-B-932-F-EA2100-C11-EF3.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't realise we were doing this at midnight! I have to be at work the next day, so I'm out :(

I'm not sure I will join either tbh.

Ideally would be at 7 on Friday but Eddie wanted everyone to be pressing play for the first time so

I'm not sure I will join either tbh.

Ideally would be at 7 on Friday but Eddie wanted everyone to be pressing play for the first time so

Spoilsport. You’ve taken part in every one thus far haven’t you?

Yes but a new Kylie album is quite a BIG DEAL for a rubbish gay like myself and i think I'd rather wake up, listen to it in bed first thing and really ABSORB IT rather than typing frantically on Moopy while I process my thoughts :eyes: sorry beb

Can we not do it in the morning? I can work, listen and moopy at the same time. Sleep is more important SORRY KYLIE

Can we not do it in the morning? I can work, listen and moopy at the same time. Sleep is more important SORRY KYLIE

I'd rather do it at midnight personally, but I'm not working on Friday.

I say we schedule MULTIPLE LISTENS throughout the day :disco:

I'm sure most of us will listen to it on a few occasions, and it may be interesting to look back and see how the tracks bed in after two or three listens...

Eddie can just update the thread title after each time with the next listen.

Yeah didn’t we do two listens for Jessie Ware? I know that was the disco album of the year, but I’m sure there’s enough good will for Kylie Ann

what about a MIDNIGHT FIRST LISTEN and then a 7pm FRIDAY LISTEN + WINE* for the queens like me?

*fine wine, not Kylie Wine

I don’t think my vinyl copy will arrive on OPENING DAY, considering I only ordered it yesterday from her store, so I’m not sure I want to PLAY.

We can do TWO! Midnight and then a more reflective 7pm group listen.

I'm very much in, unless I come down with a bad case of dropsy.

I start work at 7am so I shall give the midnight mass a miss. I think I’m optimistic about this album.

IMG-3226.jpg

THIS IS YOUR TEN MINUTE WARNING BEFORE YOU ENTER A NEW DIMENSION!

"Magic" is growing on me and works well as an opener. She sounds a TOUCH too nasal for me in the verses. But that chorus :disco:

Reactions: RJN
Just me then! :disco:
It is ironic that the initial plan was only to do a sync listen for Disco. Yet everyone shows up for the discography syncs that were an afterthought. :D

We will have a ball regardless, Edwina :disco:

I'm HERE. I needed a reason to stop watching that Trump speech anyhow. :disco:

Same to both parts!

Magic - 10 - I've loved it since I first heard it actually. I saw that the reviews were generally negative later, but I find the chorus so uplifting. Great for running.

Sorry, I got distracted by Trump waffling on.

I'll start with Miss a Thing :disco:

"Miss a Thing" sounds like a grower. The verses are SLINKY, and the chorus melts like butter.

The Teemu Brunilla songs on this record absolutely SLAP (apart from maybe Magic)

I liked Miss A Thing a lot on first listen.@Eddie Agreed about her vocals

"Miss a Thing" sounds like a grower. The verses are SLINKY, and the chorus melts like butter.

Slightly Body Language esque, no?

It’s SO slinky. I’m getting a bit of Donna Summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom