Relisten #8.2: DISCO (06/11/20 at 19:00)

I would describe 'Miss a Thing' as SULTRY.

Did she make a WOLF NOISE? :D

Real Groove absolutely needs to be the next single. Talk Box madness. Love it!!

I was already having difficulty understanding some of the lyrics in "Real Groove" . Then the vocoder hits. :D

I know I’ve listened to the album but I really wanted more of this. There is some Dua influence but Kylie absolutely makes it her own.

10 - Real Groove - Slinky is right! I can't stay away from CNN though so I'll listen to the rest after.

I was already having difficulty understanding some of the lyrics in "Real Groove" . Then the vocoder hits. :D

It’s a talk box and it’s fucking brilliant. This would fit on Body Language too.

I can't quite make heads or tails of "Monday Blues". The "EH EH EH" bits are en ear worm. But it's jarring, I think the chorus throws it off.

Miss a Thing is a much better song than Real Groove. It's so Fever, giving me a bit of Your Love.

There is way too much vocoder all across this album however.

Supernova is a fucking BOP.

Must sleep now but excited to spend more time with this tomorrow :disco:

"Monday Blues" sounds like it should be later in the album (mind you I haven't heard that section of the album yet).

07 Magic
09 Miss A Thing
10 Real Groove
07 Monday Blues
09 Supernova

I was worried this disco album wasn't going to be very disco but I think that was unfounded. She's hitting all the disco tropes :D

Say Something just remains ANOTHER LEVEL. Can’t be topped.

Some fans are saying it doesn’t fit next to it but really, there is no other choice.
I think you need to avoid sounding samey in a thematic album like this, and the change in tempo/atmosphere manages that.

07 Magic
09 Miss A Thing
10 Real Groove
07 Monday Blues
09 Supernova
12 Say Something

9.0 Magic
7.5 Miss a Thing
7.0 Real Groove
7.0 Monday Blues
6.5 Supernova
9.0 Say Something

A bit behind, I’m on Real Groove

The pace of this album, as I said in the other thread is RELENTLESS.

I MUCH prefer I Love It to Magic. The adlibs are EVERYTHING.

The verses of Monday Blues sounds like a Barry Manilow uptempo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom