Relisten #9:The Abbey Road Sessions & Kylie Christmas (06/12/20 at 7pm)

Eddie

User
I'm not expecting this thread to help with my redemption but it needs to be done nonetheless.

Let's start off festivities Kylie Stylee tomorrow evening at 7pm. Be here or be a BAUBLE.

Reactions: GNL
:D oh I was just starting to look forward to some Kylie education tonight! I don't know Abbey Road at all. oh well.

Abbey Road is a GORGEOUS little collection that I've not heard for ages, I'm tentatively up for this - not sure I can stomach Kylie Christmas though, I've been dipping in and out of it recently and it's quite up and down for me.

I have a few takeaways from Abbey Road, but I don't remember ever choosing to listen to it, except immediately after release.

And yes, a whole Christmas album still feels a bit much for me.

I listened to Abbey Road a couple of weeks back as I assumed I'd missed the sync listen on here. :bruised:

It's mostly lovely with a couple of FUDS along the way. Probably wouldn't choose to listen to it regularly nowadays.

Abbey Road was just ok, nice enough but I don’t think I played it after the week it was released. She’s really not at her best doing that kind of thing.

The Christmas album was pretty lazy and predictable in song choices and new material but I’m sure would be a riot pissed at a live show. That disco Christmas album of originals that was mooted would have been a far better idea.

:oi: Rude! I just wasn't sure if Eddie still wanted to do this given today's events. I'm going to listen to the album at 7 either way, so whatever :tongueout:

This is one that really misses the electronica FUZZ of the original.

This brassy version of OANLT is very much the sultry treat, on the other hand!

There was a lovely performance video of this one released as part of the K25 stuff, I seem to recall.

It's the "feels like I've always knooooowwwnn yoooooouuuu" that always gets me in this version :disco:

This version of On A Night Like This is.... OK I guess. The verses translate better to this than the choruses

Better the Devil doesn't REALLY work stripped back for me, but it's still a cute enough moment.

The ENTIRE appeal of the original BTDYK was the contrast between the sound and the lyrics. It was the prototypical sad banger. This version does away with that. its the same problem with the slow cover of Dancing on my Own

Though it's nice to imagine dancing to this with your beloved at the end of the night, as his hooves ruin the dancefloor from all the clumping about.

Now I have a lot of time for this reading of Hand On Your Heart, but just doing a straight cover of the José Gonzalez version (that had been a hit pretty recently at that point) really is a BIT LAZY.

Hand On Your Heart is one that sort of works for me. It's been made into a sort of sad country version while also sounding modernised. Like a pre cursor to Golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom