Relisten #9:The Abbey Road Sessions & Kylie Christmas (06/12/20 at 7pm)

The songs that I don't have much of a personal connection with the original translate better her (example: Hand on my Heart)

This version of I Believe In You got a bit of play on some advert or other, didn't it?

I'm glad she didn't go for the higher notes in the chorus as in the original, it would've ruined what they're going for here.

I believe (:basil:) I'm also right in saying that this arrangement is pretty much the same as the one from The Kylie Show in 2007.

I'm not really feeling this I Believe In You version. Come Into My World is nice and kind of spooky weirdly

"I need you love like night needs morning" is such a evocative lyric and this version really highlights it

This is actually the main version of FF that I know - I was only vaguely aware of the original.

Such an out there choice but I'm glad someone realised how well it would work because it does.

More resplendent strings! :disco:

She's also a very strong 'actor' on this.

Reactions: COB
This is my second favorite so far after Hand on My Heart - especially the end with the strings

She's done this arrangement on at least one of the tours since, I'm pretty sure - I love the prominence of the "confide in me, and you will see, what we could be" lines.

Now Confide In Me is obviously brilliant. But it loses points for me for not being that different to the original.

This. It's pretty but why put this on when the amazing original is around? The drums are nice though

Am I misremembering or is the Hurts cover of CIN quite similar to that? I recall it being quite DARK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom