Relisten #9:The Abbey Road Sessions & Kylie Christmas (06/12/20 at 7pm)

Do you know, I was SO CLOSE to trying to get down to Manchester for it - but the way she announced it (tickets on sale DAYS before the shows, which were mostly on weeknights IIRC) meant it wasn't possible :(

I mean I know why she did that, but it did make things a bugger if you didn't already live in London or Manchester :tongueout:

This Loco-Motion is actually quite appropriate for the song, and it IS fun enough, but... nah, it's not for me.

She did this arrangement on the KMO tour I think? As part of the classics medley possibly.

I like this version of the Locomotion. Maybe because it was originally a 60s song, so this kind of production actually fits. And its the first thing on here I would call fun

Reactions: COB
The only one I think I liked on this rather than thought was just ok is Never Too Late which is near the end I believe.

Also I've said it before, but my main memory of the KMO tour was someone fainting and getting taken out on a stretcher during Timebomb, and just looking over and thinking "...Yes, this is an appropriate reaction"

Also I've said it before, but my main memory of the KMO tour was someone fainting and getting taken out on a stretcher during Timebomb, and just looking over and thinking "...Yes, this is an appropriate reaction"

Good to know that when this happens to me when I finally see her live, it wont be the first time

I appreciate this version of CGYOOMH but I don't ever want to hear it again

Oh here's ZenGiraffe's least favourite Kylie song because he's a fucking philistine :evil:

This reminds me that I keep meaning to listen to a Nick Cave album

I'm so glad they got Nick in for this rather than trying some sort of alternative arrangement, it could have been a disaster.

I always forget that Flower is on this! I'm glad it got a properly recorded outing.

Although she did this live relatively soon after her illness (on the X tour IIRC), I do wonder if she needed a few years of distance to put it onto a record properly.

Flower is my 3rd keeper so far. Not to be a typical gay basic Kylie fan, but I would love to hear a dance version of this

Oh I thought this was the Beatles album and got all excited for a second :(

But NO it’s just MORE KYLIE. As if she hasn’t done enough damage to moopy this weekend. CARRY ON

This version of I Should Be So Lucky feels a bit TOO IRONIC for me - it reminds me of when she recited the lyrics at that poetry event during her indie phase.

Lucky suffers the same as Devil. It just doesn't work and didn't need to be slowed down. Should've left it off.

There were some bonus tracks in other territories that I've never heard. Wow was Australia only for example I think. I'm sure that would've better to include.

Reactions: RJN
Although she did this live relatively soon after her illness (on the X tour IIRC), I do wonder if she needed a few years of distance to put it onto a record properly.
I had no idea it was from then! I thought it was recorded specially for this

ISBSL is so boring here... She should have done Turn It Into Love

Lucky suffers the same as Devil. It just doesn't work and didn't need to be slowed down. Should've left it off.

There were some bonus tracks in other territories that I've never heard. Wow was Australia only for example I think. I'm sure that would've better to include.
Oh yes! There was a version of In My Arms too wasn't there, I LOVED that.

Flower is my 3rd keeper so far. Not to be a typical gay basic Kylie fan, but I would love to hear a dance version of this
IT’S ABOUT HER NOT BEING ABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN. PRETTY SURE IT WOULDN’T SUIT A POPPERS O’CLOCK REMIX.

IT’S ABOUT HER NOT BEING ABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN. PRETTY SURE IT WOULDN’T SUIT A POPPERS O’CLOCK REMIX.

OK I admit I was not listening very closely to the lyrics then :D

LAFS is alright, a bit too Starbucks counter CD for me but I don't hate it.

Oh yes! There was a version of In My Arms too wasn't there, I LOVED that.
Yep, Wow and In My Arms were Australian/Japanese bonus tracks. Sound like bizarre omissions to me but maybe they were crap :D

I'm sticking them here cos I'd like to listen. I don't think I've heard them before at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom