retro-tinged pop from sweden and léon

ameraal

la loi de murphy
i assumed vintage no-shit-taking, love-song-singing léon was british (for some reason) ever since i took notice thanks for tracks like baby don't talk and you and i. i'm really into her new one falling and i finally figured out why she isn't huge - she's apparently swedish.

which also explains why i am liking the whole retro, blue-eyed soul vibes which i normally don't much care for.

anyway, thank you for not leaving the eu, léon*.*

ps i love how her resting bitch face facade is falling victim to drink *.*
i want to be her friend.

I was listening to this album only this afternoon, it is rather good for the most part. There is definitely something of a Scandi Adele about her voice, especially on the ballads (of which there is probably one too many).

She seems to be getting somewhat of a push (well Radio 2 are playing her) with Falling now.

Falling is spectacular! You & I is pretty fucking good too. am, fetch, please start tagging me for pop music I'll obviously love :evil:

I've heard "Falling" on the radio and wondered who it was. Thanks doll.

i finally start getting into the new one:

and another one's already come out:

dancer is categorically one of this year's favourites.

I absolutely love her voice and the material this time round feels very strong. The new one reminds me of someone I'm particular, I want to say Sarah Klang but I am not sure it is her.

she's really leaning into dancing and i'm here for it.

oslo: i'm hearing quite a bit of abba in the new one.

I really like LEON and these latest releases have been great!

There was a slightly at odds dance feature recently which I wasn’t keen on and I was worried she was going in a different direction.

Album is out this week:

It is a bit frontloaded with the singles but Lift You Up is warm and lovely and Wildest Dreams is all driving eighties synthiness with a bit of Springsteen sax in there.

is this going to be a grower then? i'd almost given up on account of it being a bit beige but a couple are starting to pop out. like aforementioned wildest dreams.

lush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom