Richey Edwards

They found him playing bongos for Ocean Colour Scene. So they killed him and let the myth persist.

Well I didn't expect this thread :D

He was quite beautiful. I wonder what I would have made of him if were a teenager when they made their debut (and especially at the splash he made cutting the text "4 real" on to his arm - figuratively and literally), but I suspect the muscle on JDB would have distracted me completely. I still love all the 90s albums, but The Holy Bible is a landmark. This Is Yesterday so beautiful it wouldn't leave a trace in the snow (and what a song that was also). And Yes. And Motorcycle Emptiness is a sigh into infinity. Some of Generation Terrorists is off the boil, but I love all the wild swerves it brings. Absolutely no idea about what happened after This Is My Truth except for liking the Richard Nixon one and merely knowing one called something like Cranberry :D

I have this theory that he was bored of doing indie rock music and wanted the band to go in a more pop direction, but they refused and so he disappeared for a while, changed his hair and appearance.... and came back as H from Steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom