Robyn - Impact (with SG Lewis & Channel Tres)

The (mostly great) Honey remixes are mostly giving me a BRAND NEW Robyn experience right now (alongside the Kindness/Robyn tracks that I'd somehow neglected), and this sounds MOST WELCOME to join the party :disco:

funky

User
HOLY SHIT.

Channel Tres is everything - part of that Godmode label that produces some amazing next level jazz/hip-hop/dance tunes

Robyn came back on my radar when she released those vinyls from the last album... not that I buy vinyls but I had a listen to some of the other tracks from Honey - Between The Lines in particular sounds like it could be produced by Channel Tres. So I'm LIVING for the segue here...

Penelope

striking, unique, 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘳
What a MESS!

All the elements are there, but it feels like they just threw them all at each other rather than sitting down and thinking, "right, how can we make this a great pop track with all of this?'

Jark

gave ur love away
this is fabulous. It makes me want to be fucked up.

funky

User
What a MESS!

All the elements are there, but it feels like they just threw them all at each other rather than sitting down and thinking, "right, how can we make this a great pop track with all of this?'

it’s not a pop track though?

Jark

gave ur love away
God this song is really the LIVING BREASTS

funky

User
This song is like if Disclosure and Kaytranada had a baby. I’m obsessed.

FetchFugly

closing in again
This is great. It brings me to mind of early 90s euro dance.

Yes those mumble verses and the big shiny pop vocals on the chorus. I really like it.

And that's enough for now :disco:

Jark

gave ur love away
the way this song effortlessly snatched up Jark's best new music of the week award. not everybody has that!

Channel Tres' vocals put me in a NASTY TRANCE :disco:

Jark

gave ur love away
love Sexy Black Timberlake (especially the delicious SG Lewis remix) but haven't dived into anything else - I'll fix that asap!

funky

User
This is my other favourite of his. It’s very Ibiza afternoon beach party :disco:

Jark

gave ur love away
playing this song in 30° heat against a backdrop of Lake Como while grabbing a cheeky croissant breakfast (feeling miraculous and untouchable for escaping a hangover) is truly what my soul needed. :disco:

Controller is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom