Rocketman

Put it in the bin

• Total voters

Kate

mildly communist
WHY WAS I NOT WARNED THIS WAS A MUSICAL

I was expecting another Bo-Rhap and instead this absolute NONSENSE

The singing was silly, the AA thing was silly, the levitation was SILLY

At least the record boss added some humour I suppose and Jamie Bell was quite good (when he wasn’t singing)

this is hated by people who liked bohemian rhapsody? sounds good already.

So I saw this on Wednesday, I had NO IDEA it was like a proper musical, I was expecting another Boh-Rhap, but once I got over that (and I like musicals anyway) I really liked it. The scene where he falls into the pool and starts singing, it was almost like a sequence of very good pop music videos put together.
The actress that plays his mother is the stand out for me, and Taron was very good, and towards the end during the performance numbers looked just like Elton, rather than an Alan Carr, who I thought it was at the start of the movie :D

Tiny Dancer remains Elton's finest moment. I half thank 'Almost Famous' for that

Last edited:
His mum was quite good but they did a poor job of aging her in the middle part - she looked barely any older than him. But we’ve already established I have trouble suspending my belief.

I didn't think that, but when they made her really older, they just put freckles on her.:sad:

But then they said Elton was 23...me and the person I saw it with both said 23? He looks 40

I didn't think that, but when they made her really older, they just put freckles on her.:sad:

But then they said Elton was 23...me and the person I saw it with both said 23? He looks 40

Drugs will do that.

I enjoyed it, the Keith Lemon cameo was quite amusing.

WHY WAS I NOT WARNED THIS WAS A MUSICAL

I was expecting another Bo-Rhap and instead this absolute NONSENSE

The singing was silly, the AA thing was silly, the levitation was SILLY

At least the record boss added some humour I suppose and Jamie Bell was quite good (when he wasn’t singing)

This is literally the most homophobic post I’ve ever experienced on Moopy.

I loved it.

I didn’t really enjoy this. It’s just so full of cliches and I really couldn’t connect with it when it was just concerned with hitting the big events and not earning any emotional build up.

Tarron was good in a bad movie. Also Bryce Dallas Howard was such an odd casting choice.

Music biopics should be cancelled forever.

Holy shit this was INSANE :D

I can't figure out if it was actually any good, because with the crazy wigs, ludicrous dialogue and bizarre pacing the film it put me most in mind of was 'Spiceworld: The Movie' - only with more (onscreen) cocaine and bumming.

But I enjoyed pretty much every minute of it, even while suspecting it was by and large complete nonsense.

Bryce Dallas Howard's British accent is truly one for the ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom