roisin murphy - incapable

I really like this! I'm back into Roisin after seeing her live the other week (not at Berghain sadly :()

she really is everything. i hope this has an amazing video, a super sharp edit and grabs the charts by the pussy.

This is really good. There were signs of a shift back towards slightly less obtuse material in those releases last year but this has to be the best thing she's offered up in quite a while.

Roisin at Berghain? I would have died :disco:

There are few things Panorama Bar has never seen though, so that's quite the claim for the gig :D

This is properly CORKING. She hasn't missed a trick for me in the past couple of years, though it did help that I gave up waiting for another Overpowered.

god knows i've been trying with narcissus but it's not working for me. something about the throwback production and the chorus rubs me the wrong way. now i hate the video too.

i get the belle epoque disco vibe she was going for but i absolutely despise the styling and it's just so nothingy especially if you compare it to the sing it back video which was in a similar vein.

well to be fair it was clearly made on a budget of 75p and a packet of skittles so we can hardly begrudge the fact that it's not a work of art

new single this week

murphyslawrdj68.jpg

It certainly IS :disco:

once it gets going quite possibly my favourite Roisin moment in over a decade - it's classic Overpowered!

Bloody hell this is extraordinary. This might be my favourite era of hers ever.

sounds like a song from Imagination. Early 80s British disco vibes, yum

I haven't really listened to her for a long time but it's good

I think I'm gonna revisit Take Her Up To Monto. when Mastermind kicks in :disco:

This is wonderful. The slowed down vocals sound pretty marvellous and Roisin cutting a disco rug rarely fails to hit the mark.

Now that she seems to be in a more commercial groove an album sometime soon would feel very right.

Everything from this era has been stellar but that really is on another level.

still in love with Murphy's Law but currently obsessed with Incapable - she's so ridiculously good at that throwback hazy disco thing. her vocal is like liquid gold. both are the perfect accompaniments to Let Me Know.

I've contemplated getting rid of my CD's (never ever use them, put away in the attic) but that will also mean getting rid of all the Roisin stuff I've collected over the years :(

she sang a new song from the album (?) on Instagram and it sounds completely life changing honestly

how wonderful to have her back on this form :disco:

there's a brilliant little album if you piece together some of her latest releases. this new one sounds like it would definitely make the cut *.*

new album in August but she's slapping Simulation from 2012 on there so who knows if it's just going to be an assortment of old and new goodies

yay! i would totally slam simulation on it too. it's brilliant and underrated and fits well with the assortment of more dancefloor-ready stuff she's been blessing us with.

I just read that it's the same producer as the new songs. let's have a launch party at the bar :disco:

this album is going to be everything. I've been getting lost in Incapable a lot lately. the way it just goes on and on... and on... :disco:

YAY at madam blessing us with an album. Even if it is like eight extended tracks and half have been released - I don't care.

she performed five songs from her home for homoelectric yesterday

her family don't half put up with some antics :D

jealousy is a bit of a surprise. never cared much for that one. wish she'd done plaything insteades.

The Narcissus/Royal T performance is REALLY hitting the spot today :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom