Roosevelt - 3rd album Polydans (and singles)

Jark

User
his third record is out in February '21 - it's spawned three singles so far including Sign and the utterly delightful disco behemoth Echoes :disco: plus Feels Right (which has a new Gerd Janson remix which is also killer).

I actually have not listened to his second album yet or the random singles that followed, but the debut is such a total pleasure front to back that I should probably fix that. I think the artwork scared me off. I'm currently trying to find a vinyl copy of Roosevelt but it's quite pricey on Amazon and unavailable elsewhere :(

ANY TAKERS? @funky @FetchFugly @ameraal @Christian @Lockhart @northernlad

LOVE Roosevelt - had no idea this was coming out. In work will listen later!

new one out today :disco:

still utterly OBSESSED with Echoes. it's completely transcendent. this is a groove too.

Both albums are great. He hasn't changed much sound-wise, a slight discoing up aside maybe, but the new songs have all been marvellous.

Polydans is out FRIDAY! 5 new tracks

01. Easy Way Out
02. Strangers
03. Feels Right
04. Closer to My Heart
05. Montjuic
06. Forget
07. See You Again
08. Lovers
09. Echoes
10. Sign

EXCITED for some FRIDAY AM DISCO

here we go!

it feels like a more consciously retro disco record to me - leaning into a lot of 80s synth-pop/yacht rock territory.

Agree it is definitely much more retro than his two previous albums. I think the singles already suggested that but it goes further elsewhere - Closer to My Heart especially goes in that yacht direction.

I think it is a really strong collection, even if we had 5/9 of the proper songs already.

what did you think of it miss @Beverley? I've also seen @Pipo stanning on the socials.

i'm on a massive Roosevelt fix atm, getting plenty of use from this new album (See You Again, Closer to My Heart and of course Echoes/Lovers are really doing it for me) but totally stanning and obsessing over the debut. that is a behemoth of a record. the sound of Night Moves/Belong/Moving On/Fever is so massive.

anyway here's the making-of my favourite Roosevelt track, Echoes - he plays so many instruments, wtf.

It’s a great album. I’m still working my way through it though, haven’t listened to it loads... you can tell it’s a grower.

I like both of these, they mix it up a bit from the sound of the album (even though they are meant to be included on an upcoming deluxe version I think).

that remix of (the amazing) Move Into Me is an absolute glitterfest. so good.

That's a very nicely done cover. Shame there isn't really anything else new on the deluxe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom