RPDR S16 FINALE

Sheena

ROMANCE
That finale just felt MEH overall. Why have they got rid of the live theatre setting? It was so much better. This just felt cheap- the fact they kept showing audience clips of the same gays just showed up how few people were there.

Anyway, pleased for Nymphia but I was #teamsapphira. Nymphia ate that lip sync up and did what I’ve been moaning about for ages- proper wow ruveal with the balloons and again with the costume ruveal. Sapphira gave good lip sync but from the start I knew she’d lost it- that dress was always going to be a “step out” ruveal, which are just boring and the wig ruveal looked clunky too. Also the teeth would have been good if there had been something else to back it up but it just felt out of place.

Anyway, slightly disappointing end to a great season.

The balloon moment was great, but after that point Nymphia's lip sync got a bit too frantic for me. I felt like Sapphira embodied the song much more - though I agree her outfit/reveal was underwhelming by comparison.

It did feel like a very pre-ordained victory too. I like Nymphia and she's given some great looks, but let's face it, she was pretty much dragged through the middle of the season with her dodgy 'safe' after bombing Snatch Game and then Plane Jane's totally non-producer mandated act of kindness when she flopped again the following episode.

After going in to the episode not especially bothered who won, by the end I was desperate for a Nymphia win. She was the best solo performance and edged the lipsync as well for me. Better reveals, funnier moments and I love crowd work.

The shady cutaways to Amanda whenever Plane was on stage were excellent

I was rooting for Nymphia by the end also, the recap of her runways sealed it for me, every one was immaculate. The studio setting was odd, I don’t understand why they don’t just broadcast the final LIVE, they clearly have the budget for it.

The shady cutaways to Amanda whenever Plane was on stage were excellent
1000057157.jpg

The correct result, and I’m so happy for her! 🍌

The balloon moment was great, but after that point Nymphia's lip sync got a bit too frantic for me.

I thought the same and was thinking how it resembled her time in Drag race with a strong start but then sort of fading in the background. Overall the correct winner of the lip sync though. Saphira lost it as soon as she showed her teeth and did that thing with her eyes as she always does.

And Saphira winning Miss Congeniality also felt like an obvious thing because she wasn’t going to win the whole thing.

This has been a great season, great set of queens and it really deserved a live finale. As mentioned above, this felt cheap.

Love how poor Ms Madison was downgraded to sit among the others when Ru was back at the judgine table. :D

Absolutely the correct result, what a phenomenal lip sync too! A STAR! :disco:

Willam mentioned on Race Chasers last week that the finale was filmed back when the season was filmed, so I wonder if this means they all had their finale outfits from the start? Did they have new songs for each girl…?

Nymphia was never in the bottom (even though she was quite bland a lot of the episodes) and had the best runways so her win feels justified. I would have been fine with either her or Sapphira.

I feel like bar season 9 the finale episodes are always a bit boring so I didn't mind it.

Nymphia is a worthy winner but Sapphira had the stronger season and felt like the obvious choice until the final lip sync. She seems predestined to win All Stars, like Shea when Sasha won.

Even though I was #TeamAircraft, there was never a doubt on the two finalists were going to be. Still what was Sapphira thinking with that UH-GU-LY orange thing she was wearing for her solo act?

Going into this episode, I was pretty confident Nymphia was going to win the whole thing. Though judging solely by the final lipsync it really could have gone either way and still made sense. I guess Rupaul decided to go with the public vote this time.

So happy for Nymphia. She definitely killed the lip-sync. The balloon moment is what Asia O'Hara THOUGHT she was doing.

Also, is it just me or was this finale kinda low-budget?

Yes, why was the finale downsized to a studio version this time?
The winning reactions of the runners up have leaked via mobile phone footage in recent years, probably to do with that. And a smaller audience and more controlled venue probably just makes for easier filming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom