RPDR S2 (Electric Boogaloo) E5 Ruruvision - POST PANDEMIC SPECIAL!

I am having a heart attack mid-episode at how stellar this episode is :disco: SO MUCH DRAMA.

I need THAT GOLDEN MOMENT in a gif asap.

Also Joe Black has some of the most annoying qualities I find in people.

Devastated at Veronica Green of course.

Tayce is strongly challenging Alaska for the prized mantle of my favourite Drag Race contestant EVER, and the season hasn't even FINISHED! :D

I'm also ready to crown that one of the all-time best Drag Race episodes, it had EVERYTHING (aside from a decent lip sync :D)

Tia Kofi easily in my Top 10 now. I don't think I've ever related to a queen more.

I called it in the Ep 1 thread that Tayce is the UK's Alyssa Edwards.

I'm loving A'Whora. An absolute LEWKS Queen. I love an arrogant talented bitch.

The vitriol just seemed so very unnecessary.

Joe Black clearly isn't a Ru girl but she's done enough to garner a fanbase. I really want to see her.

I demand Bimini joins Eastenders as the long lost MITCHELL sister.
hqdefault.jpg

Decent episode. Shocked that Sister survived yet another week even with the personality and face transplants.

What was up with the lighting? Was the original lighting team wiped by covid? Ru looked orange.

At this point I doubt anyone can beat Lawrence, they ate up his performance. The other team was really bad.

Joe’s look was one of the most memorable after Veronica’s pig.

Does Eurovision actually sound like that? Cuz that chorus was the most awful thing I've ever heard.

- GAG at Sister Sister's ENTIRELY NEW FACE, and how the show made such a big deal of it! :D I'm not going to express an opinion as OBVIOUSLY it's up to HER how she wants to look and nobody else :eyes:

I WILL. She looks ridiculous.

OMG I thought it was an amazing episode? Wall to wall MOMENTS that didn't really let up aside from the second group's performance and THAT floppy lip sync :D

And the fact the second performance was crap also makes for good TV in itself!

Brilliant episode.

Bananadrama were clearly the worst of the two, but Tia and Joe were the best in that group? Fair enough, Tia's runway look was enough to sink her, but Joe Black's should have been enough to save her.

The best moment of the episode however, was the plea from the eliminated queens to come back.

Cherry Valentine: "I've spent the last six months working as a nurse on COVID wards. I deserve to be here".
All of the other queens: :square:

I am baffled by the bottom 2 AGAIN. Obviously Bananadrama were the bottom group, but as Will says, I really thought Sister and Ellie should be bottom 2 (which is the exact same bottom 2 I thought we should have last week too, so it would also make for a much clearer narrative...)

After two weeks of not thinking Lawrence should be the winner, this week they gave a group win when I think she was the standout and should have had a solo win (in the song anyway - her runway was mediocre).

LOVED angry Ru! We need more of that!

I am baffled by the bottom 2 AGAIN. Obviously Bananadrama were the bottom group, but as Will says, I really thought Sister and Ellie should be bottom 2 (which is the exact same bottom 2 I thought we should have last week too, so it would also make for a much clearer narrative...)

Absolutely. A prime opportunity to get rid of one of the only two bits of dead wood still frustratingly floating in the competition, and they ignore it in favour of getting rid of one of the two most charismatic queens.

Baffling. What producer looks at Ellie and Sister and thinks: "great TV, obvious fan fave, keep 'em in"?

Though I did enjoy the Sister vs A'Whora drama at the end where as usual Sister comes across like a cunt (and that's up against A'Whora, so she must look REALLY bad). Every talking head from Sister comes across as arrogant and sneering about others (e.g. when laughing at Joe's performance in the challenge) - I feel uncomfortable watching her because she seems so deeply entrenched in self-hate that it all comes pouring out at the fellow contestants too.

Oh and... she BLATANTLY stole that chips look.

I can't believe we have lost the #1 queen in the game, Ms. Veronica! Cancel the season.

"It looks regional". Provincial queens dead.

Ru's H&M rant is the meme of the season. I can't wait to scream it at someone in a basic £10 top.

I love Tayce and Bimini.

I guess Joe Black didn't actually have all that much else to show. Brighton's Naysha Lopez, only with a 85 year old face.

Good Lord, Tia is ropey af. I can't at her lip sync. :D I feel the judges have now moved into squarely laughing at her, rather than with her.

None of the girl groups gave us anything close to Drag Up Your Life. This song was giving us Vanilla when we wanted Spice Girls, or at least Girls Aloud if we had to settle for something lower class.

Ginny is burning all of the bridges it seems.

That reminds me though, I am enjoying this undercurrent of all the other contestants (maybe not Ellie) quietly hating Lawrence.

Ginny last episode, Tia at the beginning of this one. He seems to be really grating on people. Interested to see whether that narrative continues given he seems to be the clear favourite from a fan/production standpoint.

I thought it was interesting how they framed the queens (Lawrence in particular) at the start of the episode - it was like they were trying to emphasise that she was really feeling the pressure and getting ratty with people, possibly to contrast with everyone coming back after the filming break with a bit of an attitude reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom