RPDR UK S2 E10 - The Final!

One thing I won't miss is Ru and Michelle's (mostly the latter) useless UK reference points effectively being TOWIE and...what exactly?

It started with "that's not giving me Brighton" and there were many other dodgy critiques throughout. No one is expecting you to be an expert, just comment on whether it's funny or looks good!
I really do appreciate Michelle submerging herself in UK culture, but I cringed SO HARD when she said IS THAT NEAR THE VALLEYS?

Yes, just take a left turn, carry on to the end and they're right there.

Tayce was jaw dropping, the Nicole Scherzinger comparison was apt - it was the sequel to the 2nd half of her X-Factor performance, what a spasm of dance to behold. Based on one viewing, and one where I struggled to make out what they were saying, I also enjoyed her verse the best. It was more like Scherzinger upstaging Vanilla with Ellie-zabeth Duke and Laurence Cowpat though, let's face it (terrible jokes, but if I put on my Elaine C Smith accent it's simply hilarious).

The thought of a Glasgow audience lapping up a Laurence homecoming gig fills me with the same dull terror as imagining being at a rowdy Brexit rally. So very lowest common denominator. And yet, it's perfect as it locks her out of All Stars. The actual face on it when Ellie was talking actually stunned me. Imagine starting to like Ellie because of it, that's how bad it all was :)

Ru does like to create as many winners as possible, I think - some formal, some in people's hearts, some self-disqualifying. All Stars 3 and 4 were the absolute apex of this - each had about four contestants that either actually or RIGHTFULLY could be argued were in the top 2

I was surprised, not surprised and delighted to see Ginny. What a horror show she is. A one woman League of Gentlemen :disco:

Veronica didn't quite look the head and shoulders above the rest I was hoping for. Was it a cheerleader get-up? It was barely Slap Her, She's From Lancaster.

It feels a BIT like All Stars where on merit I think Jujubee should have taken it but we 100% knew it was Shea's season and that was going to happen no matter what.

Agreed. I can see the comparison - both of these seasons felt like the winner was 90% pre-decided.

Ru does like to create as many winners as possible, I think - some formal, some in people's hearts, some self-disqualifying. All Stars 3 and 4 were the absolute apex of this - each had about four contestants that either actually or RIGHTFULLY could be argued were in the top 2

I think that's giving Ru a bit too much credit tbh. I don't think she had a clue how beloved Bimini was going to be.

I assume Veronica's saving any good looks for season 3.

Using your sister's name as a drag name is SLIGHTLY STRANGE.
when Tamisha Iman names herself after her daughter we love it. When Veronica names herself after her sister it's strange and creepy.

and rightfully so.

Tamisha-Iman-on-RuPauls-Drag-Race-season-13.jpg

It really feels like Bimini is set to join the likes of Jujubee and Katya as an absolutely BELOVED non-winner, with Tayce not far behind either.

Yes, and it means we'll hopefully get to see her again (although the longer the years go by the shorter the odds of seeing previous winners turn up I suppose. Who wrote the rulebook anyway?). I can't imagine her matching this run in the way, say, Alaska, Katya, BenDeLa etc stepped up upon their seasons but I'd love to see her given a chance. With World Stars or whatever it's called happening maybe it wont even be that long

The reaction to last night online feels like Divina De Campo losing TIMES ONE HUNDRED!

I never, ever wanted Divina to win and I thought The Vivienne was a million miles ahead of her most of the season!

Winning kinda seems like the worst outcome for Lawrence at the moment... :sick:

Last edited:
That said, I'm sure the onslaught of outrage will pass and he'll be able to enjoy his achievement a bit less traumatically before too long.

Not to mention the WOW PRESENTS PLUS WEB SERIES

when Tamisha Iman names herself after her daughter we love it. When Veronica names herself after her sister it's strange and creepy.

and rightfully so.

Tamisha-Iman-on-RuPauls-Drag-Race-season-13.jpg

Genuinely have been puzzling for the last minute if Tamisha was from THIS series of American RuPaul... it genuinely feels SO LONG ago... I've come to the conclusion that it WAS this series right?! How was she such an early boot? I bloody loved her!!

Still not fully over the result. I don't really see what Ru ever saw in Lawrence. Regardless of the behaviour towards Ellie, he just didn't seem all that remarkable to me. I'm thrilled to see Bimini get so much acclaim though. I found Tayce the funniest of them all though. Couldn't help but love him!

I have not seen the final yet, I am kind of put off watching it by hearing the result, but I will get round to it.

I kind of get the feeling Ru/the show had chosen Lawrence as the winner way before the final, which puts a dampener on it all for me :(

she's been obsessed with Maggie Smith in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie imitations for years, and I think (assume?) it's the inspiration when she does the Scottish "Bring back my girls".

she must have lit up when she found that Scottishishness goes further than Edinburgh.

I think Lawrence is a decent winner, they’ve been a front runner from the off, yes Bimini was a more deserving fan favourite but it really doesn’t matter, having the crown/title doesn’t mean anything - look at Baga and The Vivienne... or countless other comparables from the US.

Bimini is probably better off without the web series albatross around their neck.

Let's be clear: Ru just finds the Scottish accent inherently funny, and likes to say "Loooourence Cheeenneh". And nothing Bimini or Tayce could have slayed would have changed his mind.

I can absolutely relate to this, the Scottish accent is just too strange and fascinating.

WELL, that happened. Lawrence was mostly good but I didn't feel the charisma as much as Ru or his fans, and that aggressive meltdown in Ep 8 put me off watching Ep 9 for a while, I ended up watching it last night! The talking heads still feel like a character, there's just something I don't like with how he carries on.

Bimini robbed of course, but I'm looking forward to All Stars :disco:. I hadn't twigged that they'd won 4/5 challenges since coming back :o that's a fierce run
Tayce did well, but I did go with the criticisms that I'm not sure who he is still - he's very GOOD at it though
Ellie, I thought it was a well-deserved double save (mind you, with hindsight they probably needed 4 for the song) and the finale look was fabulous. I just wish she hadn't been shit on so fiercely from Lawrence and A'Whora

Oh and FUCKING HELL, I know the lip sync choices have been rightly dragged already, but COME ON. Can't they pick lip sync songs, rather than just random UK hits and gay songs? Two finales now with male singers - do they even DO male singers on the US one? I remember Prince, but it's much rarer than it is in the UK. We had 3/10 this season :Oi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom