RPDR UK S2 E4

I’m really hoping Tia comes back after the covid break having upped her game massively with her LEWKS (though this one was quite good)

I’m really hoping Tia comes back after the covid break having upped her game massively with her LEWKS (though this one was quite good)
Honestly the amount I'm looking forward to :disco: A'whora and Bimini coming back with fillers that look like they spent the whole of lockdown going ten rounds with a beehive! Tia Kofi coming back with absolutely no changes to her range of garments! Lawrence Chaney coming back one stone too heavy for her range of garments!

OT: the top three was DEFINITELY just the same two weeks in a row there :o

Weren’t we talking about semi permanent wigs that you glue on your head in the balding topic, it looks like one of them. My Dad was talking about getting one, I’ll have to show him this to convince him otherwise.

I find it baffling that he KEEPS THE WIG ON to put on ANOTHER WIG.

Are people here deliberately spelling the queens' names wrong now? I've never known a season where there's been so much of it, and it seems to get worse every episode :D

Not excluding myself, either, but even I've got a hand on it being Lawrence with a W.

Some of the others however...*googles again*

Lawrence's hair is such an enigma. I'm not convinced it is a wig and hasn't just been bleached into oblivion.

I'm happy for Lawrence to win another challenge, but it was pretty much neck and neck with A'Whora (sp? :side-eye:) who killed it in the Essex girl thing but Lawrence had the better runway. However I think they were the only two I actually laughed at. Even after A'Whora's more emotional "opening up" screen time this week, she undoubtedly comes across quite cold, which may or may not influence the decisions.

Tayce looked beautiful but I think her and Bimini got an easy ride in the challenge. I got what they were going for but...nah.

Ellie proving no amount of editing is "favouring" Lawrence over her - she's just a bit shit, bless her, and her runways are consistently straight out of the panto costume shop. It's boring.

Really happy to have a week where Tia wasn't on the firing line and actually looked stunning. The challenge was less good, mostly owing to A'Whora overshadowing everything she did (Tia just seemed like she was playing herself really), so being "safe" was about right.

When I saw Ellie in the workroom with green make-up and that nose on, I actually groaned thinking we were about to get yet another Wizard of Oz reference - so bravo to her for giving us something different, at least!

Fair play to Sister Sister for finishing, but it's hilarious to me that she's managed to skate by AGAIN :D

*reaches the final 3 after seven of the remaining contestants die from COVID during lockdown*

I know it keeps coming up but this is just too much now :D

It's all getting a bit Drop Dead Gorgeous - much like Kirsten Dunst being the least interesting thing in that film and finding her way to the national finals due to sheer DUMB LUCK and everyone else's misfortune, the terminally dull Sister Sister powers through again without having to lift a finger.

I assume after the Covid death clearout, the final will be awash with SEAFOOD POISONING. Except for Sister Sister, who doesn't eat shellfish. Because she's shit.

I kind of laughed at Ginny's exit (and watching it back, seeing it all over her face as they prepare) but it depends where it came from. If it came from a slightly bitter place due to not being as good as she hoped/thought she was then it's just a sour way to go. I thought she had more to give but the Australian weather girl thing was a huge letdown. There were literally no jokes, and it went nowhere. Looking a bit wacky (i.e. the same as she always does) and putting on an accent doesn't cut it. We've definitely got every bit of mileage out of her.

It's questionable whether she deserved to be bottom 2, on balance probably, but the joke of it all is she surely had every single chance of winning that lip sync. So whatever her intentions, she's left us with a total filler queen. Thanks a fucking bunch, Ginny

When I saw Ellie in the workroom with green make-up and that nose on, I actually groaned thinking we were about to get yet another Wizard of Oz reference - so bravo to her for giving us something different, at least!

To be fair it was a definite step up and it's not her fault the category was monster related which means inevitable costume shop looks all round, but I just mean in general. Mainly though, she doesn't cut it against Lawrence side by side in all aspects.

Lovely person I'm sure (actually I'm not, I don't know these people!) but anyone saying Lawrence is being unfairly favoured in the Scottish queen stakes when Ellie is just as good is baffling to me.

Asttina must be FUMING

If Asttina is fuming, Joe Black must be planning to bomb the final.

I actually wouldn't mind if post-Covid they reset the clock and brought everyone back, if they could squeeze the extra episodes in.

Ellie isn’t funny, and I expected her to be in the bottom after just standing around and contributing nothing in the challenge.

I will say, Ginny was literally having things thrown at her and having to react whereas the other ones had more structure.
Also, goth party planner is not a prestige role in any way and if they’d have actually gone full goth they’d have been accused of being one note, so I feel like Veronica and - to a much lesser extent - Sister were fucked over there.

OK today I've been catching up - I didn't really feel it in Ep 1 so it took a bit of a run-up, but I've caught up today. All-in-all it's been alright, I really loved season 1, but this hasn't quite felt the same. Maybe it's the mix of queens, I don't think the challenges have been especially different to usual (the Who wore it better? was a decent idea). And it just felt a bit more WOW than BBC than before. Some of the queens too seem to be acting like they're on the US show - I love the US show but that's not what I'm here for with DRUK.

Since I watched Eps 2-4 today, a quick word on Cherry - ugh. I guess Cherry is one example of them trying to just act like the American queens (except the fashion!). Asstina (awful name) was a shock, and maybe an unjustified Sashay, but I did sort of feel good, that smug small-mouthed Tom Daley gay was just not doing it for me.

Strong allusions on Twitter to something major having been cut. Apparently Ginny had some “choice words” for the judges. I wonder why they wouldn’t show it... maybe for her own good? I did hear in advance that one of the queens

tells Ru to fuck off, which could still happen I suppose

Well if @megabielma said it then it’s definitely true

Anyway THIS week: The challenge was a bit of a meh, people did well, people did shit, I didn't laugh once during the whole thing so there's that. So basically it came down to the runways for me, and I don't begrudge Veronica for getting through, that was way better than the bottom two, who followed up crap challenges with blah runways. Lawrence, yeah I can see the win, I can also see why people are thinking she's one-note, but she's clocked that Ru loves the Fat Bastard put-on accent and she's running with it so fair play.

1) Lawrence - I guess? God, it shouldn't be this hard to pick a #1 but I had no runaways. She's doing well and I've liked her runways and perfs. Somehow after 2 wins I still don't have a wow moment yet though.

2) Bimini - I didn't think I'd like them, but they've got a fun attitude, not getting shitty with people and the runways have been a bit grotty in a good way. Titty Satan was great, Bimini's got the best change for improvement during the lockdown, the details really ARE what's holding them back.

3) Tayce - Gorge and I love her accent. She's been stun so far, but again I'm worried she's going down the same way as Asstina. I can see she has some humour but it hasn't really made a ripple yet.

4) A'Whora - I like her looks but the bitchiness isn't witty at all, another one who is trying to be too US Drag Race. I thought her narrative was pointing to a win but it is what it is. Hopefully after the breakthrough with Tia she might start to be a bit nicer (and fair play for owning up it when she hadn't been forced to)

5) Veronica - I am intrigued by her, but it's exhausting to get into that drama. She was so sweet in Ep 1, then turned a bit sharp-tongued (coincidence this is where the Courtney comparisons started? :D), and this week was a bit of a self-made sob story. Why take a risk on a challenge you think you've not got a skill for?

6) Ellie - A bit slept-on, she's quite likeable, and it seems like a bit of a mistake to continuously sidekick for Lawrence. She's still young but I thought that look she made last week in the gold was a serve (even if it just seemed like her arms were stuck). I hope she gets out from under the shadow next week.

7) Tia - I'm not really getting it, she seems like a nice person, but those blank-eyed confessionals are just so boring. I haven't really been entertained by her, even if the lip sync was alright last week. This week was the first runway that was even just alright.

8) Sister Sister - Well, I haven't hated her like most people here :D she's been alright but yeah ... this week was the first week I thought urgh. A scouser with a victim complex? Whatever next!

9) Ginny Lemon - Oh well :D I always felt they were very Moopy, and true to type, this week they were unhinged. I think disrespectful is too much of a pearl-clutch, but it wasn't as punk as they seemed to think. The challenge was just unfiltered chaos, and sort of an inevitable end at this point.

It's going to be such a nice moment when Tia finally wins a challenge.

Or rather, if :(

I reckon she has a really good Snatch Game in her.

I'm hoping Tia comes back with a massive glow-up after the pandemic break and makes it to the final (I think Bimini and Lawrence are lock-ons for it)

Reactions: dUb
Tia is being framed as the 'protagonist', which I love. But it won't do any good, unless she has that BREAK. The victory over Asstina is like the moment when the poor farmer boy finds out that he's destined for greatness :disco:

I absolutely hated what Ginny did. I’ve hated her drag and humor, so good riddance really.

There’s nothing ”punk” or cool about what she did, it’s just disrepectful and shitty. She was probably upset that Lawrence won again while she’s in the bottom again. She should be thankful that Ru kept her last week.

Sister and Ellie should’ve been sent home too.

Actually Tia would have to beat Tayce to the final, although I could see her floundering one week and being ANOTHER shock exit.

I find it baffling that he KEEPS THE WIG ON to put on ANOTHER WIG.
roxxxy-andrews-wig-reveal.gif

7) Tia - I'm not really getting it, she seems like a nice person, but those blank-eyed confessionals are just so boring.

Baffling.

1. Tia - Shit but amazing.
2. Tayce - just stunning.
3. Bimini - really great fun and has never been less than enjoyable to watch.
4. Ahora - I genuinely think she should have won this week by a mile and having not liked her really before, it sent her shooting up the rankings.
5. Veronica - consistently good for me, with the one exception being this week. But she still turned out a good runway.
6. Lawrence - fine. Do not get the obsession with her though.

7. Ellie - Useless.
8. Sister - Useless and now cunty with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom