RPDR UK S2 E7

I have genuinely never heard of this week's guest judge before. What's she from?

I thought Lawrence's outfit was HORRIBLE.

I was kinda amazed at the positive comments but at the same time they all said them in such muted tones that it felt like they were being forced to say good things..

This was a really good episode. Thank FUCK for Sister Sister leaving. What a terrible attempt at trying to be the 'villain'. And that runway outfit was shambolic. She's an AMATEUR at best.

omg amazing episode! I really really enjoyed that!

Sister's reads, her impression of Bimini :D!

A'whora trying to get some stuff from Sister :D

Bimini's initial look :D

Sister's FINAL look :D!

Also that moment where Michelle went "... and when you're small like me mmmheheh" and Ru instantly responding "ihihihi", I don't know it all just tickled me too much :D

I DO like a craft challenge (usually), or a scrapheap challenge anyway :D. Can't really argue with the results, the critiques pretty much matched my ranking. And I didn't particularly need to have Tia there walking the runway with a carrier bag on her head or something.

1) Bimini - I just love Bimini, the humour, the unflappable attitude. They're obviously not going for a storyline (neither are the producers) so I don't fancy the chances of a win, but I'm looking forward to the comedy episode.

2) Lawrence - I've been wavering a bit, but she's decent. I'm not sure exactly what was out of her comfort zone on this challenge, it looked like the same silhouette as usual? Still a little bit obsessed with the confessionals hair too.

3) Ellie - I think she's really likeable, and her looks have been consistently alright (:eyes:), this week was great, that mug always reminds me of DRUK Crystal for some reason, even if it's always a bit witchy. This week was a serve, accessorised but it made SENSE.

4) Tayce - I'm not sure what to do with that pair, clearly the closest to what constitutes FASHION in Drag Race world, but the attitude I find really grating. Tayce always looks great, but this week was the definition of relying on that body. Just because it was painful and difficult to rip up all those scouring pads, doesn't mean it was worth it. It just felt very arrogant this week.

5) A'Whora - Deserved the win this week, and I'm glad she got a badge (I feel the UKHun 4x badge was a bit inconclusive). That shoulder pop was amazing and it was miles ahead of the other outfits. I just CAN'T STAND HER CONFESSIONALS. It's such a put-on attitude, is that all she is? We had the little breakdown 2 or 3 weeks back, but after that it was back to not-particular-intelligent bitchiness. And after ALL that ribbing Sister for stealing her look, she paints on a blue mask?!

6) Sister Sister - Well, what can you say. I think Lucille was right, she's not any cuntier than Tayce & A'Whora, but she doesn't quite have the confidence to land the shade without it sounding defensive and evil (I might argue that Tayce & A'Whora can get away with it as the trade of the season but that's another story). The trolley dash was a bit unbecoming, but at least she wore it all :eyes: It was her time to go.

Reactions: D5K
I do think the reading challenge always veers too much to into slightly unpleasant jibes rather than an actual SHADY READ as such. I mean the "ha ha Lawrence is fat" as a read is just LAZY and not especially funny.

Though granted the Thames joke was so extreme and harsh you had to laugh, and the Bimini one was ace. I thought Lawrence's reads were better though, studying for a Covid test and A'Whora finding a soul. They felt more in the spirit of things.

Somehow Tayce ended up with the best moment of all though with the teeth comeback! Amazing

For once it did feel like everything was done correctly this episode, A'Whora a well deserved win, absolutely stunning. Reminded me of Kitana from Mortal Kombat. She's such a petty little bitch though, and in a way, thank god for it. Still dreadfully unlikeable at times :D

Tayce was rightly read for that. I also find her quite grating to be honest - definitely not as strong as I feel people make out, although I'm not saying she doesn't deserve to be this far. But realistically I feel it should be a Lawrence/Bimini/A'Whora final now. She looks gorgeous but that outfit wasn't it - the crotch area was horrible! It looked like a shaved patch of golden pubes had slipped out.

Ellie - yeah, fine. I'm never impressed by her outfits but credit for using a design challenge full of junk and managing to construct something in the same style you've brought every week.

Bimini saved herself and thank god.

I thought Lawrence's was good fun - that material must be insanely hard to work with and it was at least a cohesive outfit, with a character involved.

Sister - oh no, what will we moan about now?! Never mind, bye then! I almost feel she was actually SET UP by making her the winner of the reading challenge and giving her a head start so she could royally fuck everything up :D The obvious lack of thinking under pressure was evident in grabbing everything. Which reminds me - Sister was the only one left who never felt like she had a style of any kind. Everyone else has an identity, but what is Sister's? I feel this is partly where the obvious insecurity/defensiveness must come from and this challenge highlighted that. Her only thought process seemed to be to GLUE EVERYTHING I CAN FIND TO MY BODY. Poor cow, what a mess. I expect she sunk a few coconut lattes after this.

What a shame we were deprived of Tia Kofi attempting to make a garment out of mismatched items :(

I kinda enjoyed the TERROR IN THE NIGHT GARDEN look from Sister Sister. Sure it was a mess, but I feel like the imagery was uniquely British and missed by the judges. That said it was her time to go.
Well at least Graham got it!
On the whole I’d say I actually enjoyed Sister this episode :o

I'll need to go back to this as I fell asleep during runway, but Bimini (how nice of Sister Bliss to have this new bout of fame) won the reading challenge with ease.

Raven reminded me of The Horned King from The Black Couldron (her face and that mona lisa smirk is something else). If ever Ru slept in for an ep, I'd love Raven just to slot right in :disco:

Oh my A’Whora! I love her so much, I literally got a boner when she came out barefoot in her pyjamas. :)

Oh and she also serves the best look of the season too.* :disco:

(*possibly second best after Bimini’s bacteria outfit from last episode)

So glad we got rid of Sister (even though I kind of liked her this episode)... and kudos to her for making fun of herself by that teeth joke in the end.

I loved Raven as a queen in her seasons, but I don't ever get why you all rave so much about her when she guests now. She just comes across as aloof and unpleasant most of the time to me. When they all fan girl over her, she just looks at them with disdain and it all seems really uncomfortable to me.

Having said that, her make up was ASTOUNDING this episode.

Isn’t ALOOF and UNPLEASANT kind of the WHOLE POINT of RAVEN. :disco:

WELL YES... I did actually think exactly that as I typed it. But I just felt it was more pantomime in her seasons, whereas now it just seems disdainful and a bit nasty. I just don't enjoy it as much as I did.

Weird to think she was in the bottom two twice in the first three weeks of her season.

A'Whora gave us a Violet Chachki / Kim Chi level lewk. Yes, bitch, work.

Why on Earth did they give Lawrence positive critiques? Her look was disgusting. At least Tayce looked pretty (the face is everything).

Lawrence looked fine. He was the dictionary definition of safe. Tayce's crotch was CRIMINAL and Sister Sister was a mess. I wasn't a massive fan of Bimini either

I loved Raven as a queen in her seasons, but I don't ever get why you all rave so much about her when she guests now. She just comes across as aloof and unpleasant most of the time to me. When they all fan girl over her, she just looks at them with disdain and it all seems really uncomfortable to me.

Having said that, her make up was ASTOUNDING this episode.
I love Raven so much.

Raven is fabulous, but only as a 'celeb'. She doesn't seem like she'd be nice on a personal level.

"Well guess what Mimi, WE DID" is absolutely one of the Top 5 most iconic lines from the entire series. So venomous.

No idea how much of an act it is but I still hate Awhora's bitchy persona. Which makes it even harder to admit that the outfit was incredible.

No idea how much of an act it is but I still hate Awhora's bitchy persona. Which makes it even harder to admit that the outfit was incredible.

This post has made me realise my point about Raven...

So you've got a scale that looks like this:

Raven-------------Tayce-------------A'Whora----------Sister

Where they're all bitchy as fuck, but to the left is 'totally self-assured and completely confident in oneself' and the right is the opposite.

Tayce is kinda at the sweet spot for me - you go too far to the left and it loses its charm. Too far to the right is just desperation.

Reactions: D5K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom