RPDR UK S2 E8

I’m really upset with A’Whora’s elimination, she had become my favourite, but I was really disappointed in how angry she got after the critique. I didn’t think she was that bad at all, but what she was called out for had nothing to do with the running order. She would have been criticised for it no matter when she performed. Ellie should’ve pointed that out to her.

I feel like it had been fed to her SO MANY TIMES by Lawrence by this point that A'Whora was taking it as gospel.

I've agreed with basically everything everyone's saying in here; Congratulations on all the likes guys.

This was make or break for Lawrence this week for me, in the sense that I've always enjoyed his contributions, but that's become more of a talking head/out of challenge thing. Despite even calling himself a comedy queen, the two MAIN comedy challenges and he effectively bombs both? Bimini, without an ounce of drama or complaint, has comfortably the runaway lead now, and I feel it would be shitty not to crown her after quietly creeping up, delivering, and being likeable on all levels.

I get what the judges were saying about "warmth" to Lawrence (despite the element of fury on display this week) - in terms of stage presence during that set he was arguably the most comfortable and "easy" to watch. BUT THERE WERE NO JOKES - I thought truly, his was the least funny. That's just not forgivable. Bimini was the best by a mile. It seemed obvious she'd win but you never know with these things, so I still breathed a sigh of relief. The only criticism, if any, is that Bimini was possibly a bit cold and detached during the performance - personally I couldn't care less, she delivered, but it's this sort of thing that makes me wonder if they won't give her the crown. Will they try to make her CRY next week? Must show vulnerability or you simply CANNOT WIN kind of bullshit.

Whenever there's a stand-up challenge there's always order squabbling, despite it making no difference whatsoever. A'Whora being so offended after her set, as if being first was the cause. Your material would have been EXACTLY THE SAME ffs.

I actually thought Tayce had the funniest joke of all with the Deliveroo chat thing :D Her set wasn't bad really, she was unlucky to be bottom 2. I did think A'Whora won that lip sync, mind...but Tayce is more likeable (despite me previously saying she's annoying, somehow she came across rather lovely and funny this week!)

Ellie, well...same old shit, and a ridiculous set but somehow compelling and at least trying to stand out. Bizarrely when it all merged together at the end with the frog thing in the deep voice it *almost* got there and I was kind of howling at the crap surrealness of it all. I really felt sorry for her during the ordering - it felt like she didn't quite have the emotional maturity/confidence (and I don't mean that in an unkind way, just that she's young/inexperienced etc) to really OWN the decision. As soon as she was questioned she was clearly wavering over what was right and wrong, or seemed to be, when there was no need. I suppose the only questionable thing was trying to derail Lawrence, but like everyone else I was just crying out for her to point out the obvious about there only being 5 people and their material being the important thing etc.

Loved Lawrence's runway - I'd be less forgiving of him avoiding the lip sync if it wasn't for that.

Bimini's got this in the bag, nobody else stands a chance and for that reason alone, I'm interested to see if they'll put a bump in her road next week so it doesn't feel too easy.

I somehow doubt it. An Eastenders challenge is surely made for her. She does the OTT Essex/East End accent as part of her shtick the whole time.

I see what ROM is saying about not showing any vulnerability and I agree - I think it's going to hold her back from the win overall. I think Lawrence is getting this. Which will disappoint me.

Do we know if the BBC films multiple finale endings with the winner chosen at a later date?

Good question and I know exactly where you're going with that... I have a feeling they won't have realised how good a reception Bimini was going to get.

I just didn't understand this at all. I suppose they want to keep Ellie in there as an underdog and to create conflict in the next episode, but surely Awhora is much better television regardless?

That said, this season has been spectacular and two more weeks of Bimini and Tayce overrides any problem I have with this episode.

That's assuming Ellie doesn't outlast Tayce...

Reactions: GNL
Lawrence's remarks on his treatment in the past few days:

fnrag8vt8nl61.jpg

ivdpy4vt8nl61.jpg

The one thing that has struck me about that, and about the youtube video he does each week, is that he hasn't mentioned reconciling with Ellie, which I do hope they have managed to do. I'm just hoping the lack of mentioning it is because it will happen on screen and they're saving us from spoilers, rather than it not happening at all.

Do we know if the BBC films multiple finale endings with the winner chosen at a later date?
They filmed the finale in Manchester this week I believe... or, at least, Ru and Michelle were in Manchester for the past week

They filmed the finale in Manchester this week I believe... or, at least, Ru and Michelle were in Manchester for the past week

They're filming season 3 there though right?

Lawrence's remarks on his treatment in the past few days:

fnrag8vt8nl61.jpg

ivdpy4vt8nl61.jpg

Unplugging the sewing machine and throwing paint on someone's dress is outright sabotage.

Ellie was asked to put 5 names in order and she did so... which is not sabotage.

They're completely different things. Even this many months on, it seems Lawrence hasn't quite comprehended that Ellie did NOTHING wrong.

Already? Maybe, I assumed it was the finale of this season.

Yeah, pretty sure it's Season 3. (Remember they were filming Season 2 around this time last year (pre-lockdown 1)

Unplugging the sewing machine and throwing paint on someone's dress is outright sabotage.

Ellie was asked to put 5 names in order and she did so... which is not sabotage.

They're completely different things. Even this many months on, it seems Lawrence hasn't quite comprehended that Ellie did NOTHING wrong.

They went to NANDOS together cwej. Does that mean NOTHING to you?

Yes, they’ve been filming season 3 in Manchester. Ru’s been living on the same road as me :disco:

Yes, they’ve been filming season 3 in Manchester. Ru’s been living on the same road as me :disco:

I know things aren't filmed the week before but is it always so far in advance?! So when this airs they'll be filming season 4?

I guess the schedule is rather PACKED now though what with this, US series, Allstars and other countries now in on the act.

I wonder how long until we get a "worldwide Allstars".

He's come out of it looking dreadful at this point. Yeah, don't call him a fat cunt for fucks sake, but does he not see what a MASSIVE OVERREACTION this is?

Painting Ellie to be a villain when she was tasked with an objective that made absolutely no difference to the outcome. Fine, be a little, I don't know, disgruntled perhaps, because your friend gave you an apparently bad position, but acting like this is too much. She didn't "sabotage" anything, she didn't vote to send you home (yet!), she gave you a slot out of 5 knowing full well you'd probably be fine anyway. And your comedy set had no comedy which is entirely your own fault but you were praised regardless.

I've loved Lawrence but this is ridiculous. Bimini MUST win

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom