RPDR UK S2 E8

I like Ellie. Her routine was stupid but I laughed. Definitely funnier than Lawrence who had no punchlines. The more they went on about the order the more I liked Ellie, she played it right.

What a very strange elimination. They could have gone into the final with a decent three-way fight for the crown (A'whora, Bimini, Lawrence). Instead we'll likely get Lawrence, Bimini and a third finalist who doesn't stand a chance of winning (I assume it will be Tayce, but they seem to REALLY like Ellie no matter what she does)

I'm happy for Lawrence to win this season to get it over with, then we'll get to see Bimini again on a future All Stars

Why would you think that A’whora stood a chance of winning? There are 2 front runners and then the others. I would say Tayce despite lip syncing 3 times had a better chance than A’whora.

Why would you think that A’whora stood a chance of winning? There are 2 front runners and then the others. I would say Tayce despite lip syncing 3 times had a better chance than A’whora.

You're right, it's between Lawrence and Bimini no matter what, I guess I just felt like A'whora was the clearest choice to complete the final three, and could probably serve more in the last few episodes than Tayce (who I love, but who seems to have played all her cards several times over) or poor old Ellie

Meanwhile I was agog at this shot:

migyk62uz2l61.jpg

Really puts the MINI in Bimini

We're not talking about the lip synch, oddly. I thought it was one of the most captivating ones in years, across the entire franchise. They shot it in a lovely way too .

We're not talking about the lip synch, oddly. I thought it was one of the most captivating ones in years, across the entire franchise. They shot it in a lovely way too .
The way they shot it I was almost convinced Ru was keeping both.

Well, if we’re going on who made me laugh the most I was tears streaming laughing at Ellie. It was so so SO bizarre I have no idea what was going on but it tickled me.

Bimini is just hands down running away with this competition and she is just universally loved. I don’t know anyone who isn’t a fan - and how can you not be. She’s utterly gorgeous, has this steady self assuredness and is hilarious.

Tayce is absolutely the Alyssa Edwards of the UK, naturally charming, charismatic and hilarious but entirely oblivious to it and so when tasked with ‘being funny’ it doesn’t quite translate. Adore her.

Speaking of, the GUMPTION of Tayce questioning whether she’s attractive or not to Lawrence, it seemed sincere but COME ON!

Last edited:
I know the acting challenges are a bit rubbish most of the time, but I'm very excited by the prospect of an EastEnders themed one next week :D Also Natalie Cassidy just appearing live on Zoom now.

There's something about Lawrence I'm finding a bit tiresome, and it's not how obviously he seems to be playing the game. I think behind the polish and professionalism, it feels like his shtick is actually quite one dimensional.

I love how the bar is always lowered for big girls. People used to describe Darienne and Eureka as polished, just because they sometimes turned looks. Now, Tayce is polished.

I love how the bar is always lowered for big girls.
I think this goes both ways to be honest - there have been multiple skinny twink queens that went out on the main stage wearing next to nothing, showing off their boy bodies and got praised to high heaven (Valentina, Aquaria, Gottmik a few weeks ago), when it's clear a larger queen wouldn't get away with it. The big girls would only ever get to do a similar look if it was for comedy reasons (Eureka dressed as a baby comes to mind). Different bits of the bar get lowered for different types of queens, I'd say.

This is at least the second week where Lawrence's edit in particular made very little sense. There were comments made about her snatch game that referred to the judges highlighting good jokes that landed but we didn't see this in the snatch game and we didn't see this in the judge's critiques, either. It feels very off balance because she was a clear favourite in the first few eps.

At this point, I don't think Lawrence is any more interesting than Ellie and they were both rubbish in the challenge. Ellie just ripped off Marjorie Dawes and Lawrence's large and in charge stuff was basically all Latrice. It was interesting that Bimini mentioned them having a weird big/little sister vibe. I think Lawrence is jealous of Ellie and I'm not totally sure Ellie is smart enough to shaft all the other queens with the running order. I was living for how little Tayce and Bimini cared.

Tayce is amazing - so funny and charming but that whole stick about 'I went all the way to Liverpool and all I got were these lousy STDs' was something else. I love her.

Bimini's got this in the bag, nobody else stands a chance and for that reason alone, I'm interested to see if they'll put a bump in her road next week so it doesn't feel too easy.

I just want to see Bimini on All Stars :D In so many ways NOT WINNING Drag Race UK is a much better prize than actually being CROWNED!

I like Lawrence, but in the same breath just give Lawrence the win and bundle him off to Lorraine for a make up slot that lasts 6 months.

Give us more Tayce, Bimini and A'Whora for All Stars! Bimini and Tayce in particularly are going to have their calendars BOOKED once they are allowed to start performing live again, and I need the glow up DOCUMENTED! :D

I agree about wanting Bimini on All Stars but these days winning doesn't necessarily mean you can't take part in that, especially if they want to put the UK winners in with some US queens. I think it'll happen. She's too good for it not to.

I’m actually getting quite cross now having to look at variations of the same look from Ellie repeatedly.

Me too, it’s almost offensive how shit her variations of the same look are! (Admittedly, last night was one of her best)

Reactions: dUb
I’m really upset with A’Whora’s elimination, she had become my favourite, but I was really disappointed in how angry she got after the critique. I didn’t think she was that bad at all, but what she was called out for had nothing to do with the running order. She would have been criticised for it no matter when she performed. Ellie should’ve pointed that out to her.

Overall though, I think they were all rather fine. I’m loving the cast and, aside from how nasty the running order discussion turned in the end, I’ve been enjoying the shade throwning back and forth between them all.

Ellie Diamond really only has ONE look doesn't she? Even her name is basic af. And then she's talking about ''You've all been underestimating me" LOL No boo.

I'd probably do the same until the moment of PEAK HATE passed...

Tyfxbqdo46l61.jpg

Yeah that joke isn’t all that bad... but I guess if they bleep it they can make out she REALLY missed the mark as an excuse to send her home...

Absolutely. They really wanted us to think it was that bad...

it IS a dick move to throw other people under the bus.

How did she throw ANYONE under ANY bus?! It's such bullshit that it made any difference at all. Lawrence's response was so odd... you're performing 4th?!? It's literally one of the best positions to go. OK - Bimini was the biggest rival for you... but the furthest from you she could be is about 5 minutes. It's not like they'll have forgotten about her then anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom