RPDR UK S2 E9

As great as DRUK is, I do think it being fronted by Ru and Michelle is a double edged sword. They bring validity to it, but a lot of the cultural references just seem overthought and off the mark (Michelle) or completely lost (Ru).

I disagree. As a viewer from outside UK, I find it easier to relate to Ru and see the local absurdities through him, and it makes the show more accessible to the rest of us.
I’m sure DR Holland would have been a lot more watchable with Ru leading it.

I mean there's not ALL THAT MUCH to say about this episode was there :D

The acting challenge was FINE, one of the best I've seen on Drag Race (not that that's a very HIGH BAR! :D ) and I thought all the queens were good.
The runway theme was a WEIRD ONE for the final 4. Ellie Diamond's make up was BEAUTIFUL though and she deserved praise for it.

Tayce has been constantly thrown in the bottom 2 unfairly through this season. It really feels like Ru just DOESN'T LIKE THEM MUCH :D

It must be because of covid, or else it would have been the make over challenge, I guess? That’s probably why they got the letters from their mothers to have something else to cry about.

If Ru had hated Tayce she wouldn’t have saved her four times.

Good lord, Tayce has charisma. That lip left Claire Richards famished.

Lawrence is a very unpleasant person. If this is what he looks like with a favourable edit, well...

Obviously, the gays are demanding a Bimini win. If you're asking for anything else, it makes me question your taste level.

Also, Ellie doing all those basic "Lip Synch for Beginners" moves. No, baby... no.

If it had been me, I would have turned the original (and iconic) pool-side choreo. I have to admit my inner gay 11 year old screamed.

I thought Tayce has perhaps been placed in the bottom more because she turns a good lip sync. That was the biggest criticism of S1, all the lip syncs were shite.

I’m glad Tayce is in the final! Easily one of the most interesting queens to come through all the recent Drag Races.

The episode was meh. Lots of the EE stuff was lost on me obviously and the runway was shit.

Also Lawrence has ended the season in the worst possible way, I’m sure SOME people wanted her to win the season based on the first few challenges she won. But that last few episodes have done her quite some damage. Glad Tayce is getting slightly more votes :disco:

Reactions: dUb
Yeah it was hers to lose, whilst Bimini has STEAM ROLLERED to the end she’s LIMPED her way into the final.

Last edited:
Reactions: dUb
LOL at Lawrence not even having close to four-time bottom Tayce's votes. But then Tayce is iconic, and the biggest star of the season, so it's not all that surprising.

It definitely wouldn't have been as fun a season had Tayce not made it all the way.

And it just feels like Bimini has unshakable momentum at the minute. Everyone is so invested in her. I'm trying not to get my hopes up right now because last time it felt like The Vivienne had faltered before the final episode and it was Divina's to lose for a second, and then the latter just kind of unravelled at the very end. But Bimini feels a lot more secure in herself and fitting as a winner than Divina ever did.

A Bimini and Symone pair of wins would just be so perfect and I'm nervous to get my hopes up. But then, I'd love them in All Stars, so we shall seeeee.

I can’t see Bimini faltering in the final, she’s been so level headed, confident and determined. It’s all been so EFFORTLESS for her.

This is Bimini's for the taking, isn't it? and quite right too :disco:

Tayce being in the final is fitting, has been probably the best personality of the series, and the most stunning visually.

Well that episode went delightfully to plan, everything in the right order to be fair. Tayce was obviously bottom, and then while Ellie did fine, it wasn't comedy enough. I was worried they were going to place her in the top. Bimini and Lawrence were kind of level but Bimini's expressions and mannerisms were TOO MUCH :D

I knew it was going to be a double save, but I'd rather just Tayce.

Surely Bimini has this. Lawrence is still good, but this season he's messed up as much as he's done well, and it's slightly tarnished now. I'd be happy to see him on Allstars. Bimini would be one of those great winners who wasn't remotely obvious from the start and quietly outperformed them all

Cannot believe we have ELLIE in the final though :D

Also Lawrence has ended the season in the worst possible way, I’m sure SOME people wanted her to win the season based on the first few challenges she won. But that last few episodes have done her quite some damage. Glad Tayce is getting slightly more votes :disco:

I mean those first few episodes, despite the favouritism, she absolutely was the strongest I think and it did seem unlikely that anyone would catch her. It all seemed to fall apart especially after lockdown and there's just no forgiving that. You'd hope Ru can see this and that Bimini has undeniably been the best and most popular across the run. It's not like Lawrence NEEDS it as such and will continue to have a good career presumably with potential for Allstars.

I've decided Bimini reminds me of Sister Bliss and Ellie the woman who owned the shop in Take The High Road (and I wish she'd take just any at this point). Still absolutely living for how well Tayce was shot at points during Dusty.

Allegedly it was a R*t* O*a no-show that caused the mannequin to be the guest judge.

Story is by the D*ily M*il though, so I’m not clicking on that shite to dig any deeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom