RPDR UK S3 E4

Was it just poor casting this season or have they used up all of the great personalities in the first two seasons?

People may not like Charity's aesthetic, but look how the show is diluting her. This season at least isn't interested in personalities unless it fits its very narrow parameters.

It’s fatigue. The show needs to be exceptional in order for us to be interested.

I really don't even think it's that. I was interested in Season 13. This is just actively bad Drag Race. Poor cast, overproduced twists and turns.

It's not the same, but The Apprentice UK managed to knock out iconic season after iconic season mainly due to dynamic casting choices.

Knowing that the talent pool on offer absolutely has NOT dried up, I can only suggest that casting really flubbed it this time around - or at least what they were going for just hasn't WORKED on screen.

As much as she needed putting out of her misery, even eliminating VRON as an agent of chaos seems like a big mistake from a viewer POV in retrospect.

Also: like I QUITE LIKE Scarlett, but everything about her this week scream UNSEASONED and needs a few more YEARS in the slow cooker to fully form. It seems strange to have her on the show at this stage in her career.

That I also had to google her name four weeks into the show - and she's one of my faves from this season - probably also says a lot :eyes:

Last edited:
It's definitely just bad drag. The fact that they couldn't do a decent Red Carpet runway was the first red flag. Tragic.

It’s fatigue. The show needs to be exceptional in order for us to be interested.
Not for me, I've only watched the UK seasons.

To be honest I can't tell as much about the quality of the drag, but as people have noted it's harder to find people to get behind and root for; they're fine but not exciting.

I’ve seen this on Reddit about the shooting schedule

It has already been debunked that one queen who was bitter about her run on the show - if you pay enough attention, you can see who that was- spread those fake rumour and ofc the GP ate it up 🙄

Edit: it was Charity

Major scream at Charity's social media uptake. I wonder if Ru's famously fair edit will scramble to adjust to The People's Choice.

I thought the way they reacted to Scarlett having a wobble was either grossly biased or else an omission of guilt at the rumoured filming schedule being too much (which in turn just makes Michelle's comments about the eye roll being disrespectful absolutely even more disgusting than it probably already is - that's a mild Shannel reference for all the Shannel fans out there).

Burton's eyebrows were a choice. I assume Kitty would have been "stanning" just as enthusiastically if it was Sinead B*Witched.

Chorizo is coming into her own in the Untucked moments.

The 2nd version of the song was like a cross between Where Is The Love, Big Boys Don't Cry and a faint whiff of Let Love Lead The Way. We absolutely got the fantasy of the type of queens who say things like CD1, CD2 and Woolworths in sentences come alive in the most delightfully terrible and yet adorably unflinching way possible.

Scarlet should have been a goner. Her enthusiasm is nothing but cliches. Veronica on the other hand has really came out of this rather well in her YouTube interviews, all the while fiddling with her curly wig's fringe in front of her fridge and making no adjustment to it whatsoever - I could have watched her and Tia for at least another hour.

I struggle with why they cast Charity in the first place, considering it's clear what sort of queen she was, and they seemingly have zero interest in embracing it.

Last edited:
I mean, has the thing about the rushed production actually been debunked, or has somebody on reddit just said that it's been debunked?

I really think Ella and River would make a lovely couple and I also thought her Mel C doing push ups perf was kind of hot

I mean, has the thing about the rushed production actually been debunked, or has somebody on reddit just said that it's been debunked?

The rumor started on Reddit (and then was spread by Willam) and this is the top comment from a thread where several people are saying it’s been debunked. So I thought it holds water.

We’ve also seen them film each episode over 2 days and we’ve seen the alleged injury and it had nothing to do with production being rushed.

We’ve also seen them film each episode over 2 days
I mean, if they were filming on a rushed schedule I’d imagine they would still pretend the challenges took place over two days so we haven’t seen anything really.

On a sidebar, I'm rather enjoying Pandora on the Queens Who Binge sub-series on Wow's YouTube channel. They could be a lot longer than 5 minutes each.

I don't think this was mentioned, but what on earth was the point of having Steps in as whatever their slightly awkward role was, only for it to be Emma Bunton as a guest judge and then a Spice Girls lip sync? I know the task was girl group related and of course I loved the lip sync song we got but really what a waste of Steps and the potential episode material they could have generated on their own. Was it lockdown related? It really felt like two clear halves

I love Choriza and may the gods bless her with a win soon, Ella is HORRIBLE and I hate how she's clearly finishing at least 4th, the joke that was Veronica's runways is now a major personality void gap thanks to her elimination (she still deserved it), Charity is not what they want and I agree I'm not sure why they bothered casting her if this was how it was gonna be, Scarlett's inexperience really showed up and yes ultimately I'm not enjoying this as much as previous seasons but I think that's par for the course, although the challenges have been ropey so far and we are crying out for a decent comedy effort. Hopefully tomorrow.

I'm guessing Krystal in the final with Kitty/Choriza and just praying it isn't Ella

I think Choriza has been slept on too much to be in the final. Perhaps an outside shot if it's a final four.

I think she will just by process of elimination: Krystal and Kitty seem to be certain, I guess Ella and then Choriza or Scarlett.

Vanity, Charity and River seem to be primed to go next.

I think the main problem this season is that none of them are funny, with maybe the exception of Choriza May. And even then it's still a maybe!

An ITV clip of Chorizo from 3 years ago popped up on my youtube suggestions. Same "don't hate me line" so I don't see her having much beyond what we've already seen, responding to rubbish shade from the likes of Milan aside. Still love Pandora's "I'm here for the dick" Chorizo takeaway though :)

I'm enjoying it, in an inoffensive, let it slide on by kind of way. I didn't watch this week's episode until Tuesday which is probably telling. They're a nice bunch if very green. The standard of drag is not great.

Charity really can't moan if she's ever seen more than 10 minutes of the show before. She knows what they want and if you don't want to play that game, don't go on. Her looks are very well put together but not to my taste at all. The personality outside of them seems pretty vacant.

Ridiculous result this week though. The Artful Dodger should have got the boot and saved that chipperness for the door at G.A.Y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom